It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

las7715 HB User
Clonidine reducing my BP DRAMATICALLY!

Do I dare say it? I have found the drug that actually works for me. I used to average 150/95 on the other BP meds but within 15 minutes after taking my first dose of Clonidine my BP reading was 99/60. I about fell out of the chair when I saw that. I don't think my BP has been that low since I was a toddler! I should mention that I have been taking Atenolol (50 mg) during all the BP med experimention process because that was the only drug which the side effects weren't too bad for me, but it wasn't bring down my BP, either. This past Sat. I began taking .2mg of Clonidine twice daily but cut that dose in half on Sun. because my BP was too low and I felt like I'd pass out upon standing. I am also going to wean myself off the Atenolol and HOPE that the Clonidine, alone, can sustain my current good readings.I know that what drug works for me will not work for everyone here, but I wanted to share this info just in case somebody out there may have similar physiological makeup, etc. and has tried EVERYTHING - except an alpha blocker (like I had)

Last edited by las7715; 06-27-2005 at 12:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Clonidine reducing my BP DRAMATICALLY!

If you can get good reading with clonidine alnoe, please let me know and I'll give it a try.
Something that will help a good night's sleep sounds like JUST the right drug!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User
Re: Clonidine reducing my BP DRAMATICALLY!

Yup, great drug. I used to get bp spikes in the range of 170/100 and a racing heart, and within 30 minutes of taking a clonidine, my numbers would be in the 130s-120s/70s and heartrate in the 60s and 70s.

I'd definately reccommend it to those who haven't tried it and are having difficulty with bp control or bad side effects from other drugs. Las, your experience starting with .2 mg twice a day made me smile, because I had a similar experience. When I got my first prescription for .2 mg twice day, I took the first dose and became totally inert. Really knocked me on my backside. After that I cut them in half.

Closed Thread