It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Question Probably a stupid question!

Does anyone know of any blood pressure pill that will not make you dizzy or drowsy or effect you in the sun? It seems like they all do. I work in the sun everyday & am on Enalapril & it almost gave me a heat stroke plus I get dizzy all the time & have to drive heavy equiptment. This is really upsetting, my wife looked at most of them & some seem good but have those same side effects, Thanks.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MissAngela HB User
Re: Probably a stupid question!

Have you tried Lopressor? It is pretty good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

GEORGEP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsgramp
Does anyone know of any blood pressure pill that will not make you dizzy or drowsy or effect you in the sun? It seems like they all do. I work in the sun everyday & am on Enalapril & it almost gave me a heat stroke plus I get dizzy all the time & have to drive heavy equiptment. This is really upsetting, my wife looked at most of them & some seem good but have those same side effects, Thanks.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

GEORGEP HB User

I take Diovan and have had no noticeable side effects. I have been taking it for over a year.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Unfortunately, it may be hard to tell what is going to give you problems, as side effects vary from one person to another. Sometimes the only solution is to experiment.

I had good luck and had no side effects whatsoever with Lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil). It was the first one the doctor put me on, so I lucked out and didn't have to try half a dozen, as some other people do. I have read on this board of others who have had side effects from Lisinopril, though, again underlining the individual differences in reactions.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

Thanks, I think one of the big things is that I work in the sun all the time in Fla & it does get hot. The med I have been on says "heat alert" when you look it up. I also can't afford to be dizzy either. I will ck out the meds you people mentioned though.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User

Does your doctor know what type of work you do? If you tell them you work construction driving heavy equipment and are out in the heat all day, they may be able to direct you to a med with fewer side effects in that direction.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:40 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Palamedes HB User

billsgramp,

Are you sure you really have hypertension? Have you been monitoring your BP at home? Your symptoms almost sound like your BP may be falling too low. Also, what is your sodium consumption? The heat will deplete your sodium. Your ACE inhibitor (combined with sodium depletion) will then make your BP crash. So, you may have to simply increase your sodium consumption a little. Again, you need to be monitoring your BP at home if you aren't already doing so.

Pal

Old 07-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

Well went to the Dr today & he still gave me enalapril 10mg 2x's day but took the water pill out of it sd it should help with the heat & sun. Side effects still sd dizzy & don't drive. I told him I only want to take it at night not during the day but he still prescribed 2x's a day. They don't listen to you, I also asked if I could have a sinus problem & he sd sinus doesn't make you dizzy & it was too involved to ck! Both those things are not true, all he had to do was ck in my nose & I know you can get dizzy from it. He wants me to get heart tests.

Closed Thread