It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
It's been awhile but I have a question?

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since I posted but I have been very busy with a new home and a new job. My BP is up I can feel it so I have been taking my BP and sure enough it is reading in the am 140/90. I am taking Diovan HC 160/12.5 anyway this crap does not work for me as I feel it should so I upped my dose to one in the am and one at night. Is this nuts? Is anyone else on this dosage? I have also set up an appointment with a new doctor because the one I have I feel like a guinea pig. I have been on 7 different meds and this one for about 2 years. They just can't seem to get it right..Help, Lisa

Last edited by Moxie75; 08-10-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:58 AM   #2
(female)

sarahjean HB User
Re: It's been awhile but I have a question?

If you wanted to I'd find a new doctor and tell him/her the medications you've been on and the fact that they haven't worked. HBP is not something a doctor should ignore or hope and wait that meds work for it. Hope you find something that does soon.
Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 03:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Hey Moxie..zuzu here, (also haven't been posting much lately)...

Not sure if this is relevent, but new job, new home are high up there on the "stressful life events" graph!

Your elevated AM reading may be totally temporary, no? What #s were you getting (before increasing your dosage) later on in the day?

And how is new dose working? I know there are people who take as much as 380 Diovan (straight) and do very well. [Anything above 380mg does nothing]. As for increasing the HCT with it, I'm not sure what effect that'll have....What are you seeing/feeling?

zuzu xxx

Old 08-14-2005, 05:46 AM   #4
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Hi Zuzu,

I have been getting high readings throughout the day. I only tried the dose in the am and then at night 2 times (because I ran scared) and I did not take my BP but I still felt my neck hurting. I know when my BP is up my neck hurts..weird but true. I feel much better this weekend. I have new doc now and I have an appointment with her for bloodwork on 8/30. I cannot wait to see which meds she will try me on. I know I cannot take those beta blockers (i think that's the one) They kill my workouts and I need to stay active or else I will go crazy. Thanks for the response I hope all is well with you. Although a new job and new home is high on the stressful list I have to say I am loving both. Lisa

Closed Thread