It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
(male)

darkfluff HB User
Is this Low Blood Pressure??? PLEASE HELP

Not to long ago I had a little accident. I was chatting with my friends outside, my car was parked and I was leaning back on it. We were chatting for a good 30 minutes and I started to lose cordination, the world started swirling around and before I knew it I blacked out and fell straight to the ground. I don't remember much but I do remember hearing the echos of my friends yelling my name, STEVE, STEVE. I was so scared that I going to die. I also remember hearing a rumbling sound as this was all happening. Like 7 seconds later I regained control of the world, and stumbled up slurring my words, I was trying to say I need water. We ran to the water fountain and when I started drinking I blacked out again but one of my friends caught me this time. I was soo sure that I was dieing. I came back and I sat on the ground while my friends rushed to the store to get some food. I also noticed after the blackouts the world had a blurry red tint to it for some time. That was the last blackout of the day, my head was luckily fine from the fall, and later that night I got to sleep. I don't know what could have caused this but I'm guessing its blood pressure related. I only ate cereal and a chocolate bar that day, and also my friends told me I turned really pale/green as if I was dead. Anyone experience something like this? I think I remember on my last checkup the doctor saying something about low blood pressure but he didn't seem serious about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User
Re: Is this Low Blood Pressure??? PLEASE HELP

Hard to say what was going on. Were you sick with something like the flu? Inner ear problem? Diabetes? Hypoglycemic? Dehydrated? Low blood pressure can cause you to faint, but it has to be pretty low in most cases, and you would probably already feel sluggish and bad.

You should make an appointment to see your doctor and explain what happened.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Is this Low Blood Pressure??? PLEASE HELP

Probably the biggest worry would be a TIA (transient ischemic attack) but if it was a boiling hot day, maybe heat-stroke.
I agree with mgraylorn, if it happens again get to the root of it (probably a cranial MRI is a good idea if your insurance company is compliant.)
Fainting is NOT normal (well, not since women in the 19th century anyway!)

Test your own blood pressure at home and see what you get. If you don't want to buy a tester I'm sure at least one friend has one. Even the freebie machines in stores are better than nothing.

Closed Thread