It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Tevaten - what over the counter meds can you take with this?

Hi everyone,

My husband take Tevaten (sp). He has a bad back. Does anyone know if he can take Aleve with this? How about Hydrocodone?

Thanks for any answers. Wannabe

Old 08-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User
Re: Tevaten - what over the counter meds can you take with this?

I can't find Tevaten and I'm not familiar with it. Do you know what type of blood pressure medicine it is (i.e. beta blocker, ACE inhibitor, etc?)

Unless he has stomach problems, recent research has seemed to indicate that aspirin is the safest over the counter pain reliever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Palamedes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraylorn
I can't find Tevaten and I'm not familiar with it. Do you know what type of blood pressure medicine it is (i.e. beta blocker, ACE inhibitor, etc?)
The correct spelling is Teveten (eprosartan). Which, of course, from this name (ending in sartan) you can tell it's an ARB.

Pal

Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi all,

Thanks guys. All I know is that it is a double med. Part of it is a diuretic and the other part? He needs a med. that relaxes muscles and is an anti-inflammatory, like Aleve. Any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks. Wannabe

Old 08-23-2005, 03:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Wannabe,
Aleve (and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory meds of same ilk) can raise blood pressure in some people if taken regularly for long periods of time. However, there are no drug-to-drug adverse interactions between Aleve and Teveten per se, and Aleve taken occasionally it shouldn't be a problem.

Ask the doc if the amount your husband needs to take will be a problem for his BP.

As for hydrocondone- it's the generic for Vicodin which is a combo of a narcotic plus Tylenol. Again, there is no drug-drug interaction between Teveten and hydrocondone (okay to take together) but obviously long-term regular use of any narcotic can pose it's own problems, as can regular use of Tylenol, so I would simply double check with the doc on this.

Latest news is that for pain, the safest anti-inflammatory, (for long term use) as mgraylorn says, seems to be aspirin....if your stomach can take it.

zuzu xx

Last edited by zuzu8; 08-23-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Closed Thread