It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
(male)

manlyman HB User
Chest Pain

Hi all,

Ever since i started working out, my chest kinda hurts at random times. i went to the doctor and he says that the recent use of my arms is just irritating my chest wall.

I have a history of high blood pressure, although ever since I started working out its been much lower.

Today I started eating a calzone, which was FULL of salt. The second I ate a few bites (I then stopped) the chest pain started again and I started feeling weird.

Does anyone think this is weird? I work out every day and this has been going on for a while, ever since I started working out actually ... but each day I work out and each day I'm fine. And like I said, it hasn't actually hurt for a while (a few weeks now) until about an hour ago when I ate the calzone. Could this be something to do with the calzone? Maybe the salt did something?

- Matt

Old 08-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
Re: Chest Pain

I'd be much more inclined to think it was the seasonings in the calzone. Seasonings are notorious for causing heartburn, and heartburn is sometimes difficult to recognize as such.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 04:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Matt,

I'm gonna go with coincidence on this one.
A few bite of a "killer" calzone couldn't make your chest hurt by any mechanism I can imagine...unless it weighed 60 pounds and you had to CURL it tp get it to your mouth.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:30 AM   #4
(male)

Sideem HB User

mjuszczak...I too have random bouts of chest pains at random times. It only lasts for a couple of seconds. It's really weird. It typically happens within 24 hours after chest exercising. I keep assuming it's something with my heart but my doctor says it's fine.

Closed Thread