It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

bpblues HB User
Off Lisinopril/heart palpitations HELP

Well, I finally got off of Lisinopril after three year s. It was working well, but I kept getting this tight throat, not short of breath, but my doctor was afraid it was an allergic reaction.

I was off it for a short time, less than a month, and I started to find myself with funny heart palpitations and almost like my breath was short and having a hard time walking up steps and standing for too long before I felt I needed to sit down, felt woozy. I got hooked up to this 30 day heart monitor thing you press when you experience a symptom, and they read the ekg and said that my heart beats are coming in faster than when it should normally take a break. Told it was nothing to be alarmed at, but when it takes your breath away, it's a little disconcerting. Plus I'm very tired too.

I was wondering if going off Lisinopril when you've been on it for 2.5 years can cause your heart to have strange palpitations because it misses the drug? I just started taking Cozaar. Seems fine. To this day, I'm not sure i was allergic to the drug. I'm just disheartened because I never had heart palpitations before and don't want one more thing added to my list. Anyone notice this side effect when going off a BP med?

Old 10-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User
Re: Off Lisinopril/heart palpitations HELP

Hi BP,

I took Lisinopril for about 4 months. At first, it gave me terrible stomach cramps. It worked well except for that. I noticed a number of side effects WHILE taking it, and I have had some things since stopping. But, it could be something that I had before, during and after treatment.

What you are experiencing (probably PVC's) is very disturbing. I have them regularly. Sometimes I am fine for days, then I get a bad spell. I know what you mean, it feels like someone kinda shuts off the ticker and you get out of breath, then it starts again and you are okay. Supposedly they are nothing to worry about. My mother has had them her whole life.

Regards, Brenden.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
(female)

bpblues HB User
Re: Off Lisinopril/heart palpitations HELP

Thanks for the comments. I hope it stops, these crazy beats. I have anxiety so I think that it's just my mind over matter. I just had a complete blood work up and everything was normal. I just have to keep telling myself to relax, don't worry, be happy, but its easier sad than done.

Closed Thread