It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

GEORGEP HB User
Blood Pressure Readings

I keep reading about blood pressure readings at different times of the day and under conditions such as in traffic and other stressful situations. I know that the lowest readings I get are at home when I am relaxed. My doctor office readings have also been good. Last visit 120/78. I still get occasional readings that are borderline or over 140 for the systolic reading. The diastolic is never over 90. I guess what I am trying to find out is do people who do not have high blood pressure---When they are under stress do their readings go over 140/90?? Or is high blood pressure just defined as having high readings when blood pressure is taken after siting quietly for five minutes in a relaxed atmosophere?? I also notice that after exercise my readings stay lower for hours...

Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

pal7778 HB User
Re: Blood Pressure Readings

The occasional reading over 140 isn't universal, but is very comon and nothing to worry about. It sounds to me (and I'm envious) that you can forget about your bp for a while. If you're very normal at the MD's office, then you're almost surely normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread