It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
(male)

Andy84012 HB User
Exclamation Arms tingle when waking from sleeping

Hi all:
Hope someone can help with this. When I wake or sometimes it wakes me my arms are tingling as if asleep. It goes away when I open and close my hand and flex my arm. It will come back if I stay in bed and try to go back to sleep. It does not happen during the day. I am on blood pressure meds. I have been getting pretty low readings95-110/58-70 with a pulse of 65-75. I was wondering if perhaps my pressure is too low at night when I sleep and note pushing enough blood into my arms. I have not been able to find what is considered to low of a blood pressue, all the literature states that if your not faint or dizzy your fine. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this situation. Have not found anything about tingle in arms as a symptom of low pressure. I will be seeing my general physician on Friday. Any Help is appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
(male)

Andy84012 HB User
Re: Arms tingle when waking from sleeping

Sorry this is similiar to my previous post on this board, however I posted this message on the general reasearch board and someone moved it. Still any insight is appreciated as I have found no one with similiar experiences yet!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
(female)

pulltab HB User

I am not sure but the exact same thing happens to me all the time. I have very bad circulation. I always wake up with my arms & hands very asleep. It usually takes alot of movement and shaking them to get them to come back and it's really painful. I don't know if its anything to worry about or not, but I don't think so. It happens to alot of people. My limbs also go to sleep when I am sitting with my legs crossed or bent at the knee.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
(male)

Andy84012 HB User

I saw my general doc today, he seems to think it is not related to a blood pressure being to low. If it continues he wants to first have me take my buspirone which I stopped taking(anxiety) because I have been working out for five weeks now and dropped 35 pounds in last few months and feel great with no anxiety for last week and a half. He seems to think it could be related. I don't. Then explore a pinched nerve route. It is really anoying and I would like to get to the bottom of it. I will post any findings on the board.

Mark

Old 07-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
(female)

beverly91 HB User

I had the same thing and still do my doctor said it was from waking out of a dead sleep faster then your brain sends the signals to your body that you are awake.That is why it goes away almost as soon as you move.And it also takes your blood pressure a minute to raise up.

Closed Thread