It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User
Question Started taking Magnesium

As I've been med-free for 2 weeks with a 120/90 reading, I've included vitamins to help bring it even lower. I've been taking magnesium (500 mg a day), Fish oil ( 2,000 mg a day), and garlic tabs (2 a day). I plan on adding CQ10.

So far, I've noticed a slight decrease in my diastolic...upon awakening, I get a 120/82 reading. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I really think the magnesium is already kicking in. I've also noticed that I am much more calmer, even at work, which is what I have read about magnesium. I'm beginning to think this is the wonder vitamin that I've been lacking and needing. I've also noticed that I have been "regular" which is also something that I have read about magnesium.

I have read that drinking alcohol depletes your body of magnesium, which would be my case, and that many people are deficient in magnesium due to soil depletion, diet, etc. Perhaps most of us with high blood pressure are lacking magnesium????

Old 09-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Started taking Magnesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLove
As I've been med-free for 2 weeks with a 120/90 reading, I've included vitamins to help bring it even lower. I've been taking magnesium (500 mg a day), Fish oil ( 2,000 mg a day), and garlic tabs (2 a day). I plan on adding CQ10.

So far, I've noticed a slight decrease in my diastolic...upon awakening, I get a 120/82 reading. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I really think the magnesium is already kicking in. I've also noticed that I am much more calmer, even at work, which is what I have read about magnesium. I'm beginning to think this is the wonder vitamin that I've been lacking and needing. I've also noticed that I have been "regular" which is also something that I have read about magnesium.

I have read that drinking alcohol depletes your body of magnesium, which would be my case, and that many people are deficient in magnesium due to soil depletion, diet, etc. Perhaps most of us with high blood pressure are lacking magnesium????
Hi,

I'm On and Off Magnesium for 15 months and it's doing wonders for me . I couldn't believe that it will calm me by reducing and regulating my heart rate. Also it helps me to control my bp, I have read that Calcium, Vitamin C need Magnesium to be absorbed by the body. I have always had weak immune system although I have taken a lot of Vitamin C, B Complex and other vitamins but I have never tried to take Magnesium and I'm happy that I'm taking it. By the way, 250 mg is the recommended dosage as upplements. And make sure that you take Vitamin B because the body need it to absorb Magnesium.

But the question is, for how long should we take Magnesium Supplements? I don't have the answer
Good luck,
Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

Michael,

I would rather take magnesium for the rest of my life than take a BP med and all the side effects that go with it.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLove
Michael,

I would rather take magnesium for the rest of my life than take a BP med and all the side effects that go with it.
Yes me too but I think it's not safe, I think that the side effects of too much Magnesium are more serious than bp medications side effects. I hope that I'm wrong because I really want take it daily for the rest of my life.
Thanks,
Michael

Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

NOBODY will have trouuble supplementing with 500 mg. magnesium year after year, decade after decade.
I take it to keep any rhythm irregularities at bay...and it works like a charm.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
NOBODY will have trouuble supplementing with 500 mg. magnesium year after year, decade after decade.
I take it to keep any rhythm irregularities at bay...and it works like a charm.
Are you sure Lenin? because I have read it's not safe . It will not do any damage?
Thanks,
Michael

Closed Thread