It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
120/92:No Meds but Flaxseed and Magnesium

Hi,

Today I forgot to take my medication, Cardiazim SR 120mg, but I took my supplements:

1- Magnesium Oxide 250 mg
2- Flaxseed 1,000 mg
3- Zinc 25 mg
4- Vitamin A 50,000 IU
5- Vitamin E 100 mg
6- Vitamin C 500 mg

I took a reading now and it was 120/92. I'm so happy that those supplements can help me reducing my blood pressure without the medication. I guess I have to think about stopping Cardiazim now .

What do you guys think?
BY the way, should I take 2,000 mg Flaxseed or 1,000 mg is enough?
Thanks,
Michael

Old 09-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: 120/92:No Meds but Flaxseed and Magnesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellabibat
Hi,

Today I forgot to take my medication, Cardiazim SR 120mg, ... I took a reading now and it was 120/92. I'm so happy that those supplements can help me reducing my blood pressure without the medication. I guess I have to think about stopping Cardiazim now .
Hi Michael!

Glad to hear that you are doing better at keeping your blood pressure under control (although the 92 is a bit high). I hope that your mother is doing as well, also!

I looked back at my records. During my many attempts at getting off of my CCB, Verapamil, it took at least a week and some times it took longer, before my blood pressure started trending higher, and my symptoms worsened.

After I resumed the Verapamil (within a day or two) the symptoms improved and the blood pressure started trending lower.

I've had this experience with other meds also. With Digoxin, after three weeks without any Digoxin my tachycardia, which had been gone for years, came back. Naturally I had to get back on the Digoxin.

When I stopped my Ace Inhibitor, it took nine days before my symptoms worsened, and I had to get back on it.

Other meds I have been able to stop and never had a problem with symptoms getting worse, even after months.

Everyone is different and has different environments and lifestyles and diet, so everyone reacts somewhat differently to meds. Just thought I would post my experiences regarding stopping meds.

Regards, have a great weekend snacking on Flaxseed!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 09-30-2006 at 11:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

Hello beerzoids,

My mother is feeling great after she has stopped Zebeta and another medication. Yes beerzoids everyone is different, for me when I escape a capsule or even delay it 2 hours my blood pressure becomes higher and I feel that something is wrong. But with Magnesium and Flaxseed I felt great, today I took my medication because I exercise 6 days a week to lose weight. Maybe after the winter I will take off the medication and see what would happen.
I hope that you feel better and thanks for supporting me
Good luck,
Michael

Old 09-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Hello beerzoids,

My mother is feeling great after she has stopped Zebeta and another medication.
That is wonderful! Sometimes the "cure", from the doctor, is worse than the affliction. Doctors, many times, are just guessing about what meds to use. When the meds don't work they yell, "Impossible, it can't be the medications, it must be your nerves!" Then they collect another fat fee for doing less than nothing.

Quote:
Yes beerzoids everyone is different, for me when I escape a capsule or even delay it 2 hours my blood pressure becomes higher and I feel that something is wrong. But with Magnesium and Flaxseed I felt great, today I took my medication because I exercise 6 days a week to lose weight. Maybe after the winter I will take off the medication and see what would happen.
I've just started taking 125-250mg of Magnesium Oxide, a few days ago, mostly to see if it will help to keep my heart rhythm healthy. Glad to hear that Mag and Flaxseed is working for you.

I just got off of my asthma and sinus corticosteroids. There was no problem for eight full days and then BAM, I had the worse sinus stuffiness in many years. That's weird. It kept working for eight days! Fortunately no asthma problems yet.

I want to see if my heart's overreaction to many things might be, in part, influenced by the corticosteroids. I was on the corticosteroids for about 20 years. I've been weening myself off of the corticosteroids for about six months.

I've been testing medications and changes to lifestyle, environment and diet for over twenty years, which was when I first suffered from Heart Failure. Some day I will get it right!

Quote:
I hope that you feel better and thanks for supporting me
Good luck,
Michael
Well...... this is the third day of stuffed up sinuses, but each day they have improved quite a bit. Other than that, my blood pressure has been GREAT and I am able to keep my heart rhythm reasonably healthy, although it takes quite an effort.

Have a good weekend!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

I hope that you get better soon my friend .

You know the main reason for me to take Magnesium and Flaxseed was controlling my heart rhythm and so far it's doing good. You are right about doctors and this what makes me sad too . How we trust them anymore? how I can trust a doctor who doesn't believe that Zebeta depressed me for more than 3.5 years? each time he says "Impossible it's not the medication, it's YOU. They did research that cost them Billions of Dollars so the medication is great".

beerzoids do you take Flaxseed supplements? it's useful for the heart.
Have a nice weekend my friend
Michael

Last edited by cartner; 09-30-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
(female)

anneh HB Useranneh HB User

Michael do you think the flaxseed is better than the salmon oil capsules? Do you take the flax liquid or capsules? I think I read somewhere that caps are safer as they are less likely to go rancid?
anneh
You know the main reason for me to take Magnesium and Flaxseed was controlling my heart rhythm and so far it's doing good. You are right about doctors and this what makes me sad too . How we trust them anymore? how I can trust a doctor who doesn't believe that Zebeta depressed me for more than 3.5 years? each time he says "Impossible it's not the medication, it's YOU. They did research that cost them Billions of Dollars so the medication is great".

Michael[/QUOTE]

Old 10-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hello anneh,

I live in Egypt and I get the Magnesium and the Flaxseed from the US, my friends bring them to me, I haven't tried salmon oil capsules before. I prefer anything in capsules form because I don't want to taste it .

Are you on Magnesium and Flaxseed?
Thanks,
Michael

Old 10-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
(female)

anneh HB Useranneh HB User

Michael thanks for response. I did start taking 100mg Mag glycinate which I am told is best one. Plus daily I take a cal/mag that supplies 250mg of each. I take salmon oil cap daily but was wondering about the flaxseed oil, perhaps I will try that
anneh
Quote:
Hello anneh,

I live in Egypt and I get the Magnesium and the Flaxseed from the US, my friends bring them to me, I haven't tried salmon oil capsules before. I prefer anything in capsules form because I don't want to taste it .

Are you on Magnesium and Flaxseed?
Thanks,
Michael

Old 10-04-2006, 06:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
You know the main reason for me to take Magnesium and Flaxseed was controlling my heart rhythm and so far it's doing good.
I had to give up on the Magnesium. When I took 125mg I had problems at night with labored breathing and a slow, weak heartbeat, which made sleeping difficult and uncomfortable.

I stopped the Magnesium and have since had no problems at night.

Quote:
Michael
Flaxseed will be my next attempt at self-torture. I plan to test it, at a low dose, after I give myself a little time off from self-testing. My "average" blood pressure is at a very healthy level and keeps trending lower. I think that I will continue on my Insulin Resistant diet and see if, over time, my heart problems also continue to improve.

Regards, take care!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Old 10-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hello beerzoids,

Yes someone told me the same thing about Magnesium, everyone is different as we all know. For me Magnesium is a replacement for Beta-Blockers but without the side effects. I feel breathless and I have fast heart rate without the Beta-Blocker or the Magnesium. I will never take beta-Blockers again of course because Magnesium is my friend now.

Flaxseed is great too. You know what today my blood pressure was 110/80 :| and I was very happy although I felt a little tired because I'm not used on such a reading. I'm not sure if it's the Flaxseed or the Magnesium who caused this great reading. Maybe both I don't know !!!
Let me know what Flaxseed is doing for you my friend.
Good luck,
Michael

Closed Thread