It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

Tifferzz HB User
Sporadic High Blood Pressure And Feeling Faint

Has anyone else here experienced sporadic high blood pressure along with feeling like you are going to pass out especially when standing?

This past week has been tough for me, on Tuesday I thought I was going to pass out while doing dishes after dinner. I stopped what I was doing, sat on the floor and looked around to make sure I wouldn't hit anything if I did pass out. I then called for my hubby and told him I felt like I was going to pass out. I sat there for like 10 minutes and then was able to get up. After the incident, hubby went to the drug store and bought a high blood pressure monitor. We took my B.P. and it was 155/106. (I've been monitoring it and recording it everyday this week so far).

I have had occasional spells of this "feeling faint" while standing over the past few months. This week has been really bad though .... so finally after Tuesdays incident I called the doctor Wednesday and went to see him Wednesday evening. My B.P. was high when I saw him too that night plus I took along that paper which has my recordings of my B.P. so that he could see them. Some of my readings are: (141/108), (138/101), (136/105), (159/104), (129/91), (123/90), (139/106).

What is weird to me is why I get this feeling like I am going to faint if my blood pressure is high?? I thought people normally get the "faint" feeling when their B.P. drops too low. I thought maybe when I stand, my B.P. was dropping and then I would feel faint, but then because I was scared because I thought I was gonna pass out, that maybe my B.P. was rising because of that (me being scared that I was going to pass out). So, tonight when I was feeling faint again from standing, I took my B.P. standing up .... right when I was feeling faint and it was 139/106.

My doctor sent me for Blood-Work this past Friday, he is testing for like 10 different things. I just have not gotten the results back yet. Also, this coming Wednesday, he is sending me to have a "Captopril Renal Scan". He said sometimes something in the kidneys can cause high blood pressure. I forget what all he said about it, he did explain it, but it was a lot to try to remember LOL. He said they see that (the kidney problem) in younger females sometimes who have high B.P. Also, I am not over-weight (I weigh 135 pounds and I am almost 5'6" tall).

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to try to fit in as much info. in case any of you have experienced what I am experiencing now. If anyone else has experienced this ..... please let me know. I have searched the web like everyday this week, and have not found anything about "feeling faint" along with high B.P. So, I have NO idea what is going on with me

The Following User Says Thank You to Tifferzz For This Useful Post:
Bronn (05-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 06:14 AM   #2
(female)

mommy2drew HB User
Re: Sporadic High Blood Pressure And Feeling Faint

I have a similar situation along with what you said I have headaches and run a fever. It is like an attack of high blood pressure but mine comes and goes. The last few days I have actually ran low but I haven't had a headache of fever. My highest reading was 189/131, lowest 63/42. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

Tifferzz HB User

Hi mommy2drew, thank you for posting! Do you know what causes this? I have not gotten any of my blood work back yet, so I do not know the results of anything. I just took my B.P. about 20 minutes ago, and it was pretty normal and the lowest it's been (for the first time since last Tuesday), it was 120/85. Are you taking anything for your B.P.? I would definitely like to know that is wrong because it is scarey to feel faint when you are standing and especially when no one is home. I just know for me, it tends to happen when I am standing but when I take my B.P., it's high, not low.

I had headaches last week, which started after Tuesday's incident and lasted till Thursday. It was on the left side of my temple area, and ran across the front on my forehead. Then after Tuesday's incident, my right eye was doing something weird .... it was like this thing was i my eye, and it followed me where ever my eye looked. It was kind of like a silver, fluttery thing that followed my eye movements for a few hours after last Tuesday's incident.

Again, thank you for posting mommy2drew ..... and if you know what causes this, like if your doctors told you .... could you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
(female)

mommy2drew HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferzz
Hi mommy2drew, thank you for posting! Do you know what causes this? I have not gotten any of my blood work back yet, so I do not know the results of anything. I just took my B.P. about 20 minutes ago, and it was pretty normal and the lowest it's been (for the first time since last Tuesday), it was 120/85. Are you taking anything for your B.P.? I would definitely like to know that is wrong because it is scarey to feel faint when you are standing and especially when no one is home. I just know for me, it tends to happen when I am standing but when I take my B.P., it's high, not low.

I had headaches last week, which started after Tuesday's incident and lasted till Thursday. It was on the left side of my temple area, and ran across the front on my forehead. Then after Tuesday's incident, my right eye was doing something weird .... it was like this thing was i my eye, and it followed me where ever my eye looked. It was kind of like a silver, fluttery thing that followed my eye movements for a few hours after last Tuesday's incident.

Again, thank you for posting mommy2drew ..... and if you know what causes this, like if your doctors told you .... could you please let me know? I would greatly appreciate it!

I don't know what causes it. I am still trying to figure it out. I have just been diagnosed with PCOS but it doesn't seem to be related. I have an appt with an endocrine doc on the 8th of November and I am going to ask her. The eye thing worries me!!!! That is not right. I had a weird thing happen with my eye too. One of my pupils was huge and the other small. I had a headache and spiked a fever for no reason. I went to the E.R. and they did blood work and a catscan of my head and found nothing!!! When I was in there my pressure was high. That was the first time I noticed the hight pressure. I started taking it regularly after that. That is what brought me here. If I find out anything I will let you know. Please keep us posted and call you doc about you eye issue............ That is a huge WARNING sign!!!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 05:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Quote:
Tifferz,

You are giving a pretty good explanation of "migraine aura" and dizziness is very much a part of it.
I doubt that hypertension is causing your spells but rather the other way 'round.
Tell your doctor about this "aura" and headache.
(Mine aren't silvery but start out as sparkly dark gray arrowheads that go around more and more of my peripheral viaion...gradually they get more an more bright and multicolored and eventually become almost full blown psycheldelic displays. Quite beautiful if the headache that followed 15 minutes later wasn't such a bummer)

Closed Thread