It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

rita 55 HB User
Toprol Altace Norvasc Making Freind Achey Tiredkilling Him

I Need Advice For My Male Freind 64 Recenly Had A Stroke Ayear Ago He Hurts Muscle Ache Can Not Walk Easiy Legs Hurt Tired Body Aches This Is From Medecines We Can Not Get Doctor To Change Meds All Three Medecines Are Doing It Dose Any One Have Advice The Stia Left Hihim Weak Infoot But The Meds Keeping Him Alive Are Killing Him Help I Heard Zuzu 8 Can You Help Rita 55

Old 10-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
(female)

madfit HB User
Re: Toprol Altace Norvasc Making Freind Achey Tiredkilling Him

Hi,
I had a stroke due to very high blood pressure 4 years ago. My right arm, hand and leg was affected. I am doing terrific today, walk with a cane, and got about 80% back in the arm.

But now to meds, I am on Norvasc, Atenenol and Lisinopril, which are 3 bp pressure medicines. I have never had any problems with them. No aches, pains or muscles problems. I used to be on Diovan as well, but my doctor said I didn't need it anymore. My pressure has been running about 120-128/78-82 which the doctor is very happy with.

It took about the first 6 months after the stroke to get the right combinations. Thank God I had doctors who were willing to try different things for me.

I suggest if your doctor isn't willing to at least look at other options, I would say find another doctor for a 2nd or even 3rd opinion.
Hope this helps! Good luck.

If

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
(female)

rita 55 HB User
thank for advice ...BUT I STILL NEED MORE.....

But The Problem Is He Was On Thes Drugs Prior To Stroke Had Terrible Muscle Aches Then I Could Not Get Doctor To Listen Changed Doctors 2 Monts Later Had A Ini Stroke Drop Foot He Can Walk With Aslight Limp But The Tiredness And Weakness Muscle Aches In Back And Leg Are Wors My Question To You Is After Stroke Dose Cramping And Muscle Ach E Happen To You Do U Have Symptoms Also Di They Push Plavix Onu Sdoctors Are Afraid To Take Him Off Meds For Fear Of Another Stroke I Think He Should See Another Cardio Sorry Tounload But It Is So Frustrating

Old 10-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
(female)

madfit HB User
Re: Toprol Altace Norvasc Making Freind Achey Tiredkilling Him

I used to get the muscle cramps behind the calf of the leg, or if I extended it in a certain way, but it passes with time. As time passed with walking, and stretching the leg muscles, the cramps eventually went away. I also think by speeding up my pace on the treadmill that helped the leg. I also do leg presses at the gym which helped the leg muscles greatly.

I know everyone is different and has different degrees of disabilities. All I can say is I was at first totally paralyzed in the leg and arm. It was a long battle but I was determined with a very strong positive will.

I even went back to driving my car about 3 months ago.

And Yes, I am on Plavix and aspirin, because of the stroke I had 4 years ago, in addition to the bp meds I already discussed. The Plavix is very important in my case, because the stroke was due to the blood platlets sticking together, and thus Plavix and aspirin.

I wish you and yours a speedy recovery too! Hope this helps.

Closed Thread