It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
Has anyone here went off the bp meds without telling your doc

since im eating better, no more salt, soft drinks, eating more foods that help lower bp and now that my bp is lower. I thought about not taking my verapamil for 2 days and check my bp twice a day to see what it is.

Doc first said my headaches were caused by my high blood pressure. It went down and then he said it was because of the ziac .
He then prescribed verapamil which is a calcium channel blocker for bp and headaches.

My pb is down but im still having bad headaches. Its almost like i feel seconds away from getting very dizzy or passout but i dont. Its next to my ears and temple area only.

2. Also since my bp is down i stopped taking the ziac and just taking the verapamil.

Could it be possible i should be taking the ziac and verapamil both like he said
and thats why the headaches havne't gone away. Taking 2 bp meds at the same time doesnt sound right to me.

3. Who here takes 2 bp meds at the same time. Seems one should be in the morning and the other later.

4. I also seem more nervous, anxious, restless legs since i started the bp meds. Or maybe thats because ive trippled my walking.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Has anyone here went off the bp meds without telling your doc

Sure,
VERY often.
And I change my dosages and combination quite often.

Quote:
I thought about not taking my verapamil for 2 days and check my bp twice a day to see what it is.

tt,
That's not a good idea becasue it takes FAR longer than 2 days for the body to settle back to normal. IF you are going to ascertain the effect of going without a drug, do it for at least 30 days and monitor your BP often. Keep good records so that you can then see an average BP over time...then adjust your dosage.

MOST people take at least 2 drugs for hypertension.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User

i have for 5 days straight and my bp isnt high but not normal either.Holidays packed by on some of the weight i lost.

Im all over these boards today as my headaches next to my ears on my face is killing me and giving me a light headed feeling.

Im also on clonozapam for restlessness, anxiety which does help since i was having restless legs while on the computer and before bed.

ive gone 4 months with no soft drinks after drinking a liter a day for 20 years . Idrink water with lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper and it taste good.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

lane413 HB User

My mom takes verapamil and says it can cause headaches. But she also noticed that high blood pressure also causes headaches.

I don't understand how verapamil can cause some to have headaches when drs prescribe verapamil for chronic headaches.

Closed Thread