It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
(male)

pk16 HB User
Lower Blood Pressue in one week!

If you guys dont already know, you should buy these supplements for lowering blood pressure. Hawthorne Berry and Celery Seed Extract. They work WONDERS and they work pretty fast. You might not even need prescription meds once you start taking these. After doing alot of research and seeing so many people having success with it and hearing how alot of bodybuilders take these supplements to control their blood pressure when they are on steroid cycles, I tried it my self. I was at 144/90 for a while and im not on any medication for HBP. I wanted to try and lower it naturally first. After 4 weeks of taking hawthorn berry and Celery seed extract i am about 128/68 consistently! You should see improvement in the first week especially in the lower number. I also told my dad about it because he has slightly high blood pressure and he was medicated for it in the past. He usually runs 137/85 and after a week of taking these he is at 130/75. He said it works better then the prescription meds he was on. You can buy Hawthorne berry at GNC for only 10 bucks. Its pretty cheap and you can order celery seed online for only like 5 or 10 bucks. You might be able to buy it in some stores but I haven't seen it. Hawthorne and Celery Seed also have a number of other cardiovascular benefits. I know Celery Seed has long been known for reducing bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol. Good luck!

Last edited by pk16; 12-12-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Lower Blood Pressue in one week!

In a week?
Has anyone else tried it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
(male)

pk16 HB User

from what i read its the celery seed extract that kicks in right away...I herd hawthorn takes about a week to get working. I dont understand why doctors just dont tell people to take these. I guess the pharmaceutical company's are paying to much money with all the prescription drugs out there. everything is about money these days unfortunately. I would highly recommend trying these two supplements though. Maybe they wont work for you like they did for me but its worth a shot. Im pretty confident you will be happy with the results though. Plus they are not expensive at all. And if someone does want to try these please keep a log of your progress so we can all see the results.

Last edited by pk16; 12-12-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
(female)

strong_one HB User

Hi there,

I'll be interested in others experience with it. I'm all for lowering my dosage of BP Meds as I take one that makes me really sleepy!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 04:32 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Munroe HB User

I'm glad to hear you've had good results with these! These two supplements do indeed have pretty good anecdotal evidence but you can't jump to the conclusion that they will help everyone. My experience is that the effect of supplements is unpredictable. I think that's due to the numerous causes of hypertension and the fact that everyone is different.

Having said that, there's absolutely no harm in trying them as long as you keep the dosage reasonable. I can vouch also for slow breathing. It did wonders for me and I believe it's a little more predictable than supplements. But, still, no one remedy will work for everyone.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 AM   #6
(male)

Hogweed HB User

Three of us tried them for about three months - no significant effect.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
(male)

mocasdad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk16 View Post
from what i read its the celery seed extract that kicks in right away...I herd hawthorn takes about a week to get working. I dont understand why doctors just dont tell people to take these. I guess the pharmaceutical company's are paying to much money with all the prescription drugs out there. everything is about money these days unfortunately. I would highly recommend trying these two supplements though. Maybe they wont work for you like they did for me but its worth a shot. Im pretty confident you will be happy with the results though. Plus they are not expensive at all. And if someone does want to try these please keep a log of your progress so we can all see the results.
Do these two items have to be taken in a complementary fashion, or is it either / or.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
(male)

graffik HB User

Based on what found below it works !

I have high blood pressure but the medications they are giving me are keeping it normal. HOWEVER i set up my mother with it Monday of this week just before using the 2 suggested i tested bp it was about 170 (I forget other 2 numbers) today it is about 121 /73 I vote yes it works. however i also did get her digestive supplements such as fruit extracts for diabetes control also (she is only borderline for that) Of which i suggest for people on hbp also because they can break down the problem stuff that cause blood pressure in the first place. One would Be Bitter digestive enzymes most of the others would be fruit extracts such as cranberry, blueberry etc.

Anyways thanks for the info i'd also like to know info on those herbs that actually cure it if known I know there are probably just for treatment like doctors medications are.

Last edited by graffik; 03-09-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:14 AM   #9
(male)

Hogweed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffik View Post
Of which i suggest for people on hbp also because they can break down the problem stuff that cause blood pressure in the first place.
What stuff is that exactly?

Old 03-10-2007, 04:34 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

You can reduce your blood pressure dramatically within two weeks and you can do it naturally without the use of supplements (FYI, supplements are not natural).

Two studies done by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) show that blood pressure can be lowered by following the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) eating plan—and by eating less salt, also called sodium.

There is info on the internet that tells you about the DASH research findings, tips on how to start and stay on the plan, and menus and recipes. It also provides guidance on monitoring salt intake.

Doctors should be educating their patients about DASH before they try meds...however, it is easier (and perhaps more lucrative for them because of the repeat "business"), to write out a prescription.

Oh, and I was made aware of DASH by a friend who is a nurse, not by my doctor's office.

Bethsheba

Old 03-10-2007, 07:04 AM   #11
(male)

graffik HB User

As far as I have heard read in some herbal books : Digestive enzymes (bitter version is best), And Aloe Vera break down Salts, Sugurs and Chloesterol during the digestive process Fruit extracts such as Cranberry, Blueberry Leaf reduce Sugar levels as well as oat seed extract, and Cinnamon Bark, and posibly Bitter Melon these are just things I read and have noticed are very common in high cost diabetes reduction herbal suppliments purchasable. Just breaking down some of the active ingredients in such.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #12
(male)

Hogweed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsheba View Post
You can reduce your blood pressure dramatically within two weeks and you can do it naturally without the use of supplements (FYI, supplements are not natural).
Seems to work better for some than others – it didn’t work for me. However, what DOES work for me – only I find it too onerous – is cutting ALL added salt from my diet. And by “all”, I mean you even have to make your own bread, using potassium chloride instead of salt. When I tried this a couple of years ago, my pressure dropped so quickly and drastically that at first I couldn’t get out of my chair without falling back into it again – but that soon went away.

At the time, I did a LOT of research into this, and it would seem to be the balance between potassium and sodium that’s the crucial factor, not the amount of sodium per se. The “natural” proportion of one to another, ie what is found in foods which haven’t been processed in any way, is generally well in excess of 3:1 potassium:sodium; whereas, with commercially-produced foods, it’s quite often 3:1 sodium : potassium.

If you maintain your diet ruthlessly in excess of 3:1 potassium:sodium, I can guarantee your pressure will drop like a stone. The downside is that whatever you eat will taste like wet cardboard. I just wasn’t willing to lose all the pleasure of eating.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:25 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Thanks for your insights, Hogweed. Yes, grin, wet cardboard would not appeal to my tastes, either.

Although I haven't done the research you have, I have been told that that is important for the body to have a certain percentage of salt (sodium) based on the number of calories consumed. So I would hope other readers learn from your experience and read the research thoroughly before making any drastic changes. The best scenario would be a consult with a dietician because their education addresses the isssues at hand.

I posted the info with the hope that others would be aware that there are ways of reducing blood pressure without the use of drugs...and these methods of bp reduction are supported with credible research studies.

Bethsheba

Old 03-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

MsMuss HB User
Talking Re: Lower Blood Pressue in one week!

Can you tell me the ratio for mixing the hawthorne and celery seed. Do you need to buy your own capsules and mix the two? How much to take and all that? I am really interested. Thanks

Last edited by Administrator; 05-31-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
(male)

graffik HB User

In regards of this:
Can you tell me the ratio for mixing the hawthorne and celery seed. Do you need to buy your own capsules and mix the two? How much to take and all that? I am really interested. Thanks

I bought these for my mother in my local herb shop you probably should simply use them as directed. They are just food extracts anyways should be usable with any medications. Her pressure now is under 120 so they work

they came in pill format

I Have hbp also, however the meds control it I might use them the day before I see doctor so they are normal when I go there

Last edited by Administrator; 05-31-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Closed Thread