It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
(male)

Bemis HB User
BP meds and anxiety....help

I have taken an ARB for the last 5-6 years, recently my Dr. upped my dose and in a couple of weeks I started feeling like I was having a panic attack. I even went to the Doc and had an EKG done because I thought I was having a heart attack. I suspected that it could be due to the BP meds (Diovan). My Dr then switched me to Norvasc. Funny thing is that the two days between switching drugs, I felt great. Now after a week on Norvasc, I'm having the anxiety feelings again, and my BP is 150/90. That is almost what it is when I take nothing. I never had these kind of problems before, and my first encounter with anxiety/ocd type symptoms came after I started taking BP medicine 6 years ago. Could there be a link, or is it all coincidence? I know that none of these drugs claim anxiety as a side effect, but could it be? Anyone else with a similiar experience, if so, what do you take now? I just want to be myself again.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

strong_one HB User
Re: BP meds and anxiety....help

Oh yeah...I've had numerous incidences with an ARB causing me anxiety. I can't remember the name of the ARB I took but I started feeling anxious when I took them. At first it was pretty mild but after a few weeks it came back. I then started taking an ACE - I was great until I started feeling that anxiety and rapid heart beat. Then now I'm on Lisonopril 40mg and Clonidine. The clonidine seems to help but I am a constant zombie and always dizzy with it. I hate this feeling. I feel for ya cause it does feel like you're having a heart attack. Check your blood sugar too. Sometimes that causes it too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread