It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

geostigma HB User
Worried about blood pressure?

Hi, I am a male, I will be 20 Feb 10th. I havent been to the doctor in a little under a year for a check up or anything.

I got really involved with a computer game a couple months ago and since then I've been spending a lot of time setting/laying down at the computer. I have started to notice that I get a lot of muscle spasm's in my legs and feet, and sometimes I will have pinching pains in my thighs, and often I will have a sudden sharp pain come from my left shoulder, and when I stand up like when I go to brush my teeth and when im in the shower and I let my arms hang down by my side I feel alot of pressure in my forearms and my hands and it seems like my veins start to pertrude more. Should I be worried about my blood pressure? Or is it something more serious? I currently am unable to see a doctor due to the fact that I do not have insurance.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Re: Worried about blood pressure?

Do you have access to a blood pressure machine? If not get one and take you blood pressure when this happens. It will tell you if you do.
And you should also take breaks when staring at computer screens for long periods of time. You eyes, legs and body will thank you for it.
Do you go to the gym or do any exercising?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

geostigma HB User

Hi lylone, what do you mean my body and legs will thank me are the muscle spasms a good thing?? I will probably stop by the pharmacy they have one of those things that test your blood pressure..

no i dont get much exercise.. i actually think im pretty out of shape atm.. but its wierd cuz i used to exercise and lift alot but now i dont when i get up in the morning i feel really weak and when i jump up out of my chair fast my heart goes up...

Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
(male)

rcmcfann HB User

I think for the most part your just out of shape, stop by and check your B/P next time your near a pharmacy or superwalmart even. The muscle spasms could be from lack of circulation because you sit or lay down alot, your body likes to be active! Work on tryin to get around a half hour of exercise in a day to start out. I bet the spasms will go away the more active you become. Could that sharp pain be from layin down puttin pressure on that arm? That sudden pain could be from laziness as well. Let me know wat happens im battling blood pressure problems of my own.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

Weakness and out of breathness are signs that your muscles are not getting as much oxygen as they used to. Talk to any doctor and they will tell you that long periods in front of the computer screen are bad for your body and eyes.
Plus with age, you will get more tired and have more pains without exercise. Take it from someone over 30. Don't slow down now while you are 20. Its SO much harder to get back into it when you are lazy, older and sitting in front of a computer.
I have a friend of mine that actually built a platform on his treadmill for his keyboard and mouse. He made a shelf for his CRT on the wall and walks while playing online games.
He gets the best of both worlds (EQ and exercise), and he is glad that he does it.

Last edited by lylone; 02-07-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

geostigma HB User

I see, I kinda knew what needed to be done exercise and stuff daily but i just wanted to make sure that these werent symptoms of somethin more serious.

Today i got a phone call from a distribution company i will prolly be loading trucks and staying active so hopefully i get this job and it will get me off my butt and movin lol.

BTW treadmaputer lol thats very good idea.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #7
(male)

graffik HB User

If in USA, Walmarts or walgreens often have free blood pressure testers.
Muscle spasms can be simply from lack of exercise find some on-line back stabalization exercise links you can do home to break up such problems.

Check your phonebooks see if there is free or low cost chiropractic in your region if it persists (college) or check if there is a COUNTY hospital in your region that could be free or a sliding scale based on your income

Quote:
Originally Posted by geostigma View Post
Hi, I am a male, I will be 20 Feb 10th. I havent been to the doctor in a little under a year for a check up or anything.

I got really involved with a computer game a couple months ago and since then I've been spending a lot of time setting/laying down at the computer. I have started to notice that I get a lot of muscle spasm's in my legs and feet, and sometimes I will have pinching pains in my thighs, and often I will have a sudden sharp pain come from my left shoulder, and when I stand up like when I go to brush my teeth and when im in the shower and I let my arms hang down by my side I feel alot of pressure in my forearms and my hands and it seems like my veins start to pertrude more. Should I be worried about my blood pressure? Or is it something more serious? I currently am unable to see a doctor due to the fact that I do not have insurance.

Thanks.

Last edited by graffik; 02-08-2007 at 05:47 AM.

Closed Thread