It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
(male)

graffik HB User
High Blood Pressure/heart rate Questions

Hello I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure + heart rate (+ hospitalized for test of such but out now)

I actually went then knowing I was close to a heart attack anyways

Rate was hardly even controlled even inside the hospital one night it went at least 217 on blood pressure.. During stay it hardly went down at all.currently under medication it is normal.

QUESTION: Can Allergies or influenza cause this to elevate?

It is normal at home NOT when going to clinic, it is high

I have serious allergies to sol-amonia (especially aeresol types such as lysol very commonly used at hospitals)

question : HEART RATE + Blood pressure: Can this be elevated by problems of misaligned spine (scoliosis) at least heart blockage? When i went to hospital i had heart blockage on first test. I adjusted ribs during stay (as shown by a chiropractor) the 2nd test was negative

I did ask the er doctors if scoliosis could do som of this, however they ignored it mostly.

Just curious what people would say on this othwise will ask my normal doctor when I see him about 1 month.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: High Blood Pressure/heart rate Questions

Quote:
It is normal at home NOT when going to clinic, it is high
Hi graffik,

That is the classic definition of White Coat Hypertension and many of us have it when we see a doctor, a hospital, a dentist, or anyone approaching with a sphygmomanometer.

Scoliosis won't change heart rate or BP. That sounds like a diagnosis from a chiropractor who is working out of his pay grade. They tend to overdiagnose scoliosis and then blame EVERYTHING on it.

Allergies and influenza CAN raise both rates.

Since a BP of 217 is quite dangerous, why not generate an average of readings taken at home for a month when you are nice and relaxed. That way you will have some evidence to prove you have White COat if your visit to the doctor shows it sky high. If you get a 217 several more times you will need to be on some kind of medication but first your adrenals should be tested to see if they are producing certain hormones that can trigger super-hypertension.

Last edited by Lenin; 02-08-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
(male)

graffik HB User

Oh I did I went and got hospitalized at time for monitoring. I also had the wire test up the main artery for heart blockage.

However there was also a blockage shown when i got there, i adjusted my ribs it was then gone. And prior to coming to the hospital for 3 weeks I was in and out of bronchitis like effects including having about 12 hours of sleep for 3 weeks.

Scoliosis MAy change heart rate if there's a blockage from it or at least what I surmize

my average bp on medication now is 117 but hypternsion level 1 to 2 after bike riding and My ribs DEFINATLY are out of normal shape after I do that.
the bp, and heart rate are normal within about 1 hour of riding a bike

I did know to goto hospital at time I did but have not monitored my bp in years. at one point in hospital I called in nurse for heart attack symptoms.
(They had the crash team there I was extremely close)
I did not have 1 however ...
problem with what happened was that i think my cold was outlaying cause, possibly accompanied with heart issues due to blockage from ribs or back. not normal bp even when i did monitor heart rate regularly it was normal to upper normal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin View Post
Hi graffik,

That is the classic definition of White Coat Hypertension and many of us have it when we see a doctor, a hospital, a dentist, or anyone approaching with a sphygmomanometer.

Scoliosis won't change heart rate or BP. That sounds like a diagnosis from a chiropractor who is working out of his pay grade. They tend to overdiagnose scoliosis and then blame EVERYTHING on it.

Allergies and influenza CAN raise both rates.

Since a BP of 217 is quite dangerous, why not generate an average of readings taken at home for a month when you are nice and relaxed. That way you will have some evidence to prove you have White COat if your visit to the doctor shows it sky high. If you get a 217 several more times you will need to be on some kind of medication but first your adrenals should be tested to see if they are producing certain hormones that can trigger super-hypertension.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
(male)

rcmcfann HB User

Actually Lenin I totally disagree with you. I am a chiropractic assistant and am soon to enter a chiro college. Spinal misalignment can cause many different problems. As you know your spine and nervous system is very important to us humans. If the scoliosis is so bad that a nerve is pinched it can cause muscle spasms and serious referal pain throughout skeletal muscles. Lets say for example a nerve is pinched that helps control the autonomic systems of our body, this could screw up the heart rate, breathing patterns, and even bowel movements..If his cervical spine is badly misaligned, the vegas nerve can be stressed, do some research, check out wat the vegas nerve is responsible for and get back to me. The chiro was only watching out for your total health graffik. And of course your MD ignored you when u brought up the chiro. He probably just wanted to shove some meds down your throat and take a guess of wats really wrong with you, not knowing that something as simple as a spinal sublexation CAN cause problems related to what you have.And as far as allergies go, I dont have a clue as to if they raise B/P but I have terrible allergies and have been on decongestants for years. I think they might be a major contributor to my high blood pressure now. When you take decongestans, my MD told me they raise your b/p. Be careful with allergy meds. And as far as your spine goes, The evidence is there, when your ribs are out of place, the blockage was there, after adjusted you were ok? You need to do some strengthening of the mucsles that hold you together, everything througout your spine. Retrain your spine, work on your posture and get rid of the scoliosis. Please let me know what happens!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
(male)

graffik HB User

I have not been to a chiropractor in a long time I'm going to research them
shortly mostly to find one in my income range. We have colleges here at least but still they cost (used to be free) My blood pressure does not go up more than 10-15 points on normal routines with medications I take,however any stressful exercises heart rate (and along with it) blood pressure rises and goes away after 1/2 to1 hour after such as bike riding (heart rate takes longer sometimes)

It was bad at hospital though over 200

I am pretty sure I have blood pressure issues regardless, but the extent and strength of it I believe is due to the other outlaying problems

If interested in the scoliosis issue itself 2 spinal column pieces (t-spine) is pushed forward(t2 and t5 I believe but it's been awhile), neck and t-spine are virtually flat, injury that caused this smashed my ribcage possibly decreasing its diameter (did not break bones though)

My theory is (and based on ribs that move) certain ribs push forward while others stay at same place pushing my heart/blocking part. However I'm no a physician

I am rarely in pain from it due to simply putting it out of my mind, however there is alot of pressure from it at times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmcfann View Post
Actually Lenin I totally disagree with you. I am a chiropractic assistant and am soon to enter a chiro college. Spinal misalignment can cause many different problems. As you know your spine and nervous system is very important to us humans. If the scoliosis is so bad that a nerve is pinched it can cause muscle spasms and serious referal pain throughout skeletal muscles. Lets say for example a nerve is pinched that helps control the autonomic systems of our body, this could screw up the heart rate, breathing patterns, and even bowel movements..If his cervical spine is badly misaligned, the vegas nerve can be stressed, do some research, check out wat the vegas nerve is responsible for and get back to me. The chiro was only watching out for your total health graffik. And of course your MD ignored you when u brought up the chiro. He probably just wanted to shove some meds down your throat and take a guess of wats really wrong with you, not knowing that something as simple as a spinal sublexation CAN cause problems related to what you have.And as far as allergies go, I dont have a clue as to if they raise B/P but I have terrible allergies and have been on decongestants for years. I think they might be a major contributor to my high blood pressure now. When you take decongestans, my MD told me they raise your b/p. Be careful with allergy meds. And as far as your spine goes, The evidence is there, when your ribs are out of place, the blockage was there, after adjusted you were ok? You need to do some strengthening of the mucsles that hold you together, everything througout your spine. Retrain your spine, work on your posture and get rid of the scoliosis. Please let me know what happens!

Closed Thread