It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
(male)

_Visionary_ HB User
Low blood pressure, high pulse rate

Today, was the first time in years I measured my blood pressure.My blood pressure at the moment is 100/59, my pulse rate is around 93.To ensure that the result was accurate, for re-assurance this result was actually an average of many tests taking through out the day.

From what I've read from my book in my blood pressure kit:

Category Systolic Diastolic

Hypotension <100 <60
Ideal <120-129 <80
Normal <130-139 <85-89
Hypertension <140-159 <90-99
(mild)

The optium blood pressure is 116/74 but I'm below it on the edge of hypotension/ideal. The normal ideal healthy heart rate is 60-72bpm, mine being slightly higher I think to compensate my low blood pressure?

I'm 22 ,5ft 10, 161lbs or 72.5kgs (average weight) been taking omega-3 capsules every day, eating fruit and veg and drinking a few omega-3yugurt drinks a day, also taking in minium salt a day. I was jogging every couple of days for half a year all last summer till 3 months ago and hadn't had the time due to work being too busy.

I don't suffer from faintyness, nor too larthargic because I think the high pulse rates keeps a steady flow of oxygen around my body but sometimes can feel my heart beating rapidly. I do sometimes feel slight light pain in the chest and a bit of breathlessness and an axiety feel lately, which is why i wanted to test my blood pressure all of a sudden.

I'm also worried if i excercised that my pulse rate may get too extreme?

I don't want people to answer that a low blood pressure is good and forgot about the pulse rate (as seen in other similiar posts) but I want someone to help tell about my pulse rate, is it bad to have it this high, why is it this high and what can be done to reduce it? It seems earlier when I tested today my blood pressure was slightly higher, my pulse rate correalates with it and reduces, maybe i should increase by blood pressure? I'm not sure? I did try my best to stay calm when taking the electronic reading from my blood pressure kit.

Any advice please!? Thanks.

Last edited by _Visionary_; 03-02-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

Jennybug HB User
Re: Low blood pressure, high pulse rate

When I have low blood pressure and a high pulse it's usually because I need fluids. You could be dehydrated. Check it out.

Closed Thread