It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
(male)

graffik HB User
Weird Blood Pressure effect

I have recently been diagnosed with Hypertension (about 2 months ago), hospitalized for such for tests but released with meds. (generally bp is normal currently) At hospital I had a very weird affect while being on an IV for a test. I told nurse at time nothing was apparently wrong.

It was a wave over my entire body like an ocean wave. (I associated this with IV anyways but really really REALLY weird) the surgical test was fine.

Why I am posting this now is a similar effect happened a few nights ago A wave of pressure started in my leg reached all the way to my chest. No pain but could actually feel my heart rate/bp in chest tested my bp shortly after it was normal. I do suspect this is something to do with the main artery but not sure what it would be.

Pressure was odd felt small on leg and build up to chest then stopped with simple pounding there. Any ideas what this might be would be helpful before I see my doctor in about 2 weeks.. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Weird Blood Pressure effect

Have you read the drug information about possible side effects of the medication you are now taking? Have you researched the internet for possible side effects of the medication you are now taking? Have you called your pharmacist and doctor and reported your symptoms?

Your symptoms may or may not be listed as side effects of the medication but I would suggest you call and notify your doctor right away. They may be able to determine if your symptoms are an immediate concern or if you can wait for the appt in two weeks.

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
(female)

ms58 HB User

Do you experience any swelling in the leg where the pain starts. If so, might be a clot either there or forming. If there is swelling, get to the hospital ASAP and have them check for a deep vein thrombosis (DVT), my mother had one and without the proper tests they said she had nothing!, but I was told to get her back to the hospital for more tests by my brother and sure enuf, a clot. Not meaning to scare you, but just a suggestion if swelling is present. Good luck.

Last edited by ms58; 03-10-2007 at 06:52 AM.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
(male)

graffik HB User

I just called to report the problem going to make appt monday thanks. Hopefully it's nothing but not really first time it happened (or something similar) so I did not make it an emergency case of it. No swelling was more like a burp running up my veign to heart.

My general theory was it was a clot or small air bubble (doubt latter thats usually deadly) that was clearing itself with all the meds i take. However going to see a doctor on urgent basis anyways (emergency if it happens again)

Old 03-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Better safe than sorry. Now you can relax until your appt on Monday, grin.

Bethsheba

Old 03-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
(male)

graffik HB User

The doctor couldn't find anything wrong But forgot the info i had here the pulse seemed fine to feet however I still have an apt next week with reg doctor will suggest what you said.

As for medication side effects I asked farmasist with medications I took they said that is not on them.

When I was initially in hospital ekg showed blockage in heart but none later tests however i did heavy amounts of exercise to get there just before it.

Wire test (forget full name) using die and live xrays of heart showed no blockage of heart

Old 04-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #7
(male)

graffik HB User

I think I found problem not really a blockage (helped had to goto ER again though) irregular pulse due to potassium defficiency working on that. Pulse/heartrate has been weird while trying to sleep for a long time. Anyways just mentioning that for those following this post I think the main problem will be over after taking reg potassium. Thanks for the imput those who did

Old 04-27-2007, 05:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for taking the time to update us, graffik. We learn from those updates!

Bsheba

Old 04-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
(male)

graffik HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsheba View Post
Thanks for taking the time to update us, graffik. We learn from those updates!

Bsheba
Thanks I'm not 100% positive its that really however it probably is. it was a recent thing that happened very high pulse and blood tests shown that i had almost no potassium, so adding 2+2 you usually get 4. Even though the effect was in vein along leg it could have been from heart pumping way too fast

Closed Thread