It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Bright Blue veins when standing??

Hey all,

I don't know if this is the best board to post, but since I have such good rapport with so many on the board I figured I would ask advice from my friends.
I currently have hbp and Svts, but both seem to be under control. I have been doing pretty good on an exercise program started after the first of the year. Been doing a mile and a half every other day on the treadmill and have been feeling great.
This past week I kind of slacked off because of working late hours, and noticed that my blue veins in my arms and upper chest were really vibrant.
The last day I treadmilled was last Thursday and I did 3 and a quarter miles in 45 minutes. Well, I missed a few days until last night I did a mile and a half in 20 minutes.
I went up to shower a hour afterward, and noticed in the mirror that my veins seemed to be more apparent than normal. They were just so blue that you couldn't miss them. I went ahead and sat on the bed and took my blood pressure to be safe and it was 114/68. A nice normal number after a treadmill night. The veins seemed to disappear and I went to sleep.
This morning when I woke up, I noticed those same veins, very blue and very apparent. Blood pressure check was 118/72.

My left shoulder and arm have been sore for the past day, but it feels like a muscle issue rather than a vein issue.

Should I be worried??

Thanks,
Lyl

Last edited by lylone; 03-15-2007 at 04:31 AM.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User
Re: Bright Blue veins when standing??

Are the veins bulging out a lot or is the color just more vibrant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

They are no buldging, just more vibrant. I think it may be the flouresant lights in my bathrooms because any were else they are not apparent. I think I was just freaking out because of the arm/shoulder pain.

Thanks,
Lyl

Old 03-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Lyl,

Yes, flourescent lights are high on the blue frequency end and will show up blues and greens and diminish reds and oranges, Thus that look of "The Night Of The Living Dead" especially apparent on photographs under fluorecent lighting.
Also there the elemnent of something being VERY much easier to find if we look really hard.

We look MUCH prettier in incandescent lighting.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

Lenin,

I agree with you on the incandescent lighting. It also would help if I had more of a tan. Usually this time of year I am already in the tanning bed getting that nice glow, but decided on buying a nice HDTV instead. I think I had one of my "freak-out" weekends, because looking back I wan't eating low salt and my bp went up to 140/90 Saturday night. Love the hormonal changes.. they are so fun.
Thanks to you and wholegrain once again.

Last edited by lylone; 03-19-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Closed Thread