Re: ANY GOOD THINGS -12.5 hydrochorothiazide (HTCZ)
Good things eh,
1. Okay, IF you are a salt sensitive hypertensive, it is one of the two best drugs on the market...NOTHING worlk so well as HCTZ or Lasix.
2. It makes your scale kinder to you in the morning
3. It eases any painful joints you might have.
Alas, the downsides:
1. If you are NOT salt sensitive, the drug doesn't do much good for BP.
2. Long term, it is implicated with ED (but no worse than atenolol.)
3. It has a tendency to cause some people's serum sodium to drop too low...so you shouldn't take HCTZ and restrict salt at the same time.
For me, the upsides outweighed the downsides.
Last edited by Lenin; 04-08-2007 at 05:12 AM.