It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

judy3 HB User
fluctuating blood pressure

Hi,
My blood pressure is sometimes high (sitting position)150/100, once I got a 170/125, when I stand up it drops to about 130/100 sometimes lower 120/80,my doctor want to treat it with Lisinopril, I am scared to start that drug, I tried ALdactone but got very dizzy on it and stopped it, my reading are so inconsistant, sometimes I do get a normal reading sitting up, I can actually feel my high pressure by my blurry vision and weird feeling by my eyes, I am 40 year old female I am also diabetic and have lyme disease, any input would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Re: fluctuating blood pressure

i am the same as you blood pressure changes all the time diabetic and the doctor gave me lisinpril i havent taken any as i cant understand what affect they will have as my blood pressure isnt always high sorry i cant help but i thought you would like to know this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy3 View Post
Hi,
My blood pressure is sometimes high (sitting position)150/100, once I got a 170/125, when I stand up it drops to about 130/100 sometimes lower 120/80,my doctor want to treat it with Lisinopril, I am scared to start that drug, I tried ALdactone but got very dizzy on it and stopped it, my reading are so inconsistant, sometimes I do get a normal reading sitting up, I can actually feel my high pressure by my blurry vision and weird feeling by my eyes, I am 40 year old female I am also diabetic and have lyme disease, any input would be greatly appreciated
Judy,

you are also most likely on diabetes medication! This drug is very strong with serious side effects and you should not take it! If you read your drug information sheet, you'll find a mention about it not being suitable for people taking insulin or diabetes medications. That's because it interacts with these drugs. You could become seriously ill! If you have kidney problems, as some of us do, you have another good reason to NOT take this drug.

In my opinion, your doctor should find you something safer to use, with regard to your medical condition.

The blurry vision could also be due to your diabetes (my husband has it, that's how I know). I have vision issues resulting from the blood pressure medications.

Last edited by flowergirl2day; 04-29-2007 at 04:57 PM.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User

If my blood pressure was exactly the same every time I checked it, I'd freak out. Your circulatory system is elastic, constantly fluctuating to meet the needs and handle the stresses of your body. It is normal for it to be different every time you check it.

Having different blood pressures between sitting, laying and standing is called orthostatic hypotension. It will probably ease your mind if you use that term to do some research on blood pressure.

If you are having symptoms, it's a different story. From what I've read, blood pressure is only a problem if you have symptoms. But even with symptoms, don't worry about it changing.

Closed Thread