It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

beeatrice HB User
How to increase LOW BLOOD PRESSURE

PLEASE HELP>>>>>>>>I ususally have low blood pressure ranging from 85/50 to 95/60 on a good day. I do feel symptoms of lightheadeness when its off. Any ideas what I can do or eat to give my blood pressure a quick boost at times when its too low. What reasons would cause it to be so darm low....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: How to increase LOW BLOOD PRESSURE

Increase your salt intake & fluid intake. Drink 16 oz of water or other fluid within a short period of time unless your Dr. says not too. This has increase my b/p during the few times my b/p has dipped too low. Check The Merck Manual online or at the library for all the reasons for low b/p. There are meds for this condition but they have side effects. Fam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User
Re: How to increase LOW BLOOD PRESSURE?

There's a lot of other threads about low blood pressure on this forum- search for them, they may help you as well.

Low blood pressure I believe can be caused my many different physical conditions, and it also can be naturally, harmlessly low. [removed] Things like a weak heart, thyroid disorders, etc. Everyone can have hypotension by becoming dehydrated.

To increase it, of course finding out by a doctor why it is low can help permanently fix the problem. In the meantime, rule out dehydration by making sure you are consuming enough water and electrolytes. Divide your body weight in half- that number is the number of ounces of water you should consume a day. Alternate between regular water and Smartwater, Emergen-C, or Gatorade to make sure you're getting electrolytes too.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-18-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: do not instruct members on how to find websites.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
(female)

beeatrice HB User
Re: How to increase LOW BLOOD PRESSURE

thank you for your advice

Old 05-20-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

CANNED SOUP and AMISH PRETZELS (encrusted with salt)...the number one and two treatments for raising your BP.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
(female)

beeatrice HB User

Would I get amish pretzels at a rgeular grocery store? Or any pretzels will work..... Also do you know of canned soup that will increase bp that doesnt have MSG...Im allergic to MSG.. Thank you in advance.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

beeatrice,

Anemia can cause low blood pressure, too. Those of us who are watching our cholesterol because of bp meds or because of cardiovascular conditions, may be short changing our iron stores by foregoing some of those red meats which puts us at risk if we aren't well versed as to where to get other sources of iron.

Bsheba

Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
(female)

beeatrice HB User

Thank you fo ryour advice..... see that is what is so strange... my lab works always come back normal..... so not sure why my bp would be low....

Closed Thread