It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

Kim4616 HB User
Concerned fluctuating blood pressure, high pulse rate

Hi. I'm only 23, but for years, I've had fluctuating blood pressure, where the doctor will have to take it twice before it was normal. Usually they figure, and still do it's due to anxiety. Lately it's gotten worse with it getting in the 150's at the doctors and going down as I calm down. My concern is when I go to check it at the grocery stores, Walmart, etc, it'll start in the 120's or 130's, but since they say to check it often to get a real good idea of what your average is, I'll take it like 10 times in a row and it will go down to like the 90's. Is it normal for my pressure to flucuate so fast? I know mine tends to, but I don't remember it doing it that much (althought I never started taking it that many times in a row until recently, the first couple times I did the fluctuations were not that different) another concern is my pulse rate. It is also high at the doctors, about 120. When I take it at the same places I check my blood pressure it is often in the 90s or slightly over 100. I hear walking around can do this, but I don't feel like I am walking fast and sometimes its first thing I do straight from the car. I've had echocardiograms which showed some scar tissue on a valve and some leakage, but my doctor didn't seem that concerned and the technician never even told me about. My doctor happened to tell me when I asked about it again six months later. Anyway, I've been having alot of stomach problems I've been looking into as well. My doctor is causing alot of this, I've had a Complete blood count a few months ago and a chest X-Ray which showed nothing unusual. I'm slightly b-12 deficient, and I had a liver and kidney test about a year ago which were fine, but I am still concerned, does this sound like anything anyone has experienced?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
(female)

ms58 HB User
Re: Concerned fluctuating blood pressure, high pulse rate

OK Kim. First you need to get a good home blood pressure monitor and stop using the ones in the stores. Too many issues with them and you'll get better readings in the comfort of your own home

Next, even at home you can't take pressures 10 in a row. Something about the blood vessels in the arm getting pushed down during each reading so it looks like the pressure is going down when really it's the blood vessel getting squashed. Wait at least 15 to 20 minutes between readings. And don't take so many. What you are seeing is what it is.

If it's still running too high (over 140/90) over a few weeks, than you need to get with your doc for more info. Pulse usually runs with blood pressure, but can run higher due to stress as well as BP, under 100 is OK.

Closed Thread