It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

B i l l i e HB User
Unhappy High blood pressure & dry mouth, cracked lips

I've had high blood pressure for about a year. I was taking Lisinopril-HCTZ. I had no side effects at all for a year that I could notice. A few month ago the corners of my mouth started cracking. I was drinking tons of water and using vaseline to keep them moisturized. I finally went to the doctor and she took some blood tests. They all came back normal so she changed my medicine to Diovan. Now I have a terrible dry mouth all of the time. I don't know it any of this is due to the meds or if it may be something different all together. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by B i l l i e; 06-23-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
(female)

Freckles22 HB User
Re: High blood pressure & dry mouth, cracked lips

Hi,
Your cracking at the corners of your mouth usually have nothing to do with dehydration. It's usually due to a lack of B vitamins and vitamin C. It also could be a yeast infection. Ask your doctor or dentist about it. And taking meds for hypertension which cause a dry mouth can then lead to dental problems so seeing your dentist would be a good idea if it has been awhile. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

B i l l i e HB User
Re: High blood pressure & dry mouth, cracked lips

Thanks for your post Freckles22. I will check both of these things out. I take a multivitamin but it may not be enough. The yeast infection sounds the most likely since I also have a dry mouth.

Closed Thread