It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Lightbulb can high or low blood pressure cause fainting?

i wanted to find out if blood pressure high or low can cause severe dizziness and severe headaches my head feels like its about to bust and also my left arm hurts kind tingling like and feels werid and also i faint can this be from either high or low im on 10 mg a day of lisinipril since april i was going to the store to check it but cant due to my fainting and this past week my head has hurt so horribly i cant stand it i take a tylenol but no help and im dizzy and i fall but i also have low thyrold hypo plus panic disorder with agraphobia so not sure what is causing me to fall or whats making me have the terrible terrible headaches and dizziness .
any advice would be helpfull thanks
vickie

Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: can high or low blood pressure cause fainting?

Vicky,

Dizziness and fainting can be serious side effects of lisinopril...I experienced it myself when I was on 20 mg...it was so bad that I couldn't sit up in bed without falling over...and I had no warning at all when I collapsed just a few hours after taking my pill. I was on no other medication and had no other health problems at the time. Fatigue, exhaustion, bone pain, stiffness, and respiratory problems (but no cough) were also side effects I experienced on this med.

Do call your doctor's office or your pharmacy for guidance...these side effects can be very dangerous, especially when they occur when you are driving a vehicle.

Oh, and when I called my doctors' office the first time to report the problems I was having, I was told my body was just getting used to the medication---not so, the symptoms only got worse. Don't let them talk you into something you do not feel well or safe taking. There are other meds out there.

Bsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 07-18-2007 at 05:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smile Re: can high or low blood pressure cause fainting?

thanks well i didnt start the lisinipril till april 07 i been fainting since sept 06 but the headaches and the arm pain has been since april 07 and i called the dr today and told the receptionest but the headaches re the worst and the fainting of course but back when i first fainted in sept 06 my blood pressure was running pretty high 180/98 that was at my old gp he never said anything about the blood pressure even though i fainted in his front office and i happened to look at my records and my b/p was allways high i changed drs my b/p kept getting higher the top ran around 160-180 and the bottom was like 100-124 and my arms hurt horrible along with chest pain well i thought it was the thyrold meds i was on but im on new thyrold meds and now my arm left is feeling numb like and i have the fainting and the horrible headaches that just wont go away but i did call my dr so my fainting could very weoll be from b/p or maybe stress too you think causae iam under alot of stress but i have had stress before and i never fainted from it so im hoping to hear from my dr tomorrow and is 10mg a bit too low this dr didnt put me on them my old dr did so maybe he will up the dose and yes change brands plus my cholesterol is 234 and tric is 315 maybe he could give me a med that has both in it thanks so much for rep;ying .
vickie

Old 07-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Vicky,

I'm relived to know you're getting in touch with your doctor...no matter what the cause, your symptoms can not be ignored.

Other posters on this board have had similar symptoms and they have learned that the headaches, high blood pressure, and anxiety are symptoms of another condition. You might want to do some reading about secondary hypertension or in other words, diseases that cause high blood pressure.

Hope you'll be feeling better soon. Take care.

Bsheba

Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

i do have hypertenion ,and i called the drugstore and he said the symtons im having does sound like high blood pressure before 2006 my b/p would run 150-160/90 -100 so it just lead up to the fainting i think and i read the pamlet from the drufstore and it has headaches diarea which i had last week upset stomach i had last week musel weakness which i feel in my arm and the fainting so im thinking back when i had my first fainting spell it was due to my b/p but that dr was a dummy im in the process of sueing him he let my thyrold go skyhigh and i suffered a yr with it because he refused to test me for it for a yr and i have 4 siblings who have thyrold my dad had hypertenion but allmost all my family memebers have high blood pressure so i think im not possitive till i see dr but i believe i figure out my fainting on my own i truely believe its my high b/p i will keep you posted all this time i thought it was either my thyrolds but even when my levels were normal i still fainted and i also thought it was panic well i was told by many people who have panic they have told me they have never fell from it so i think now i can get on with my life once i get my b/p under control and i dont drive at all my hubby takes me everywhere because of the fainting will the 48 hr holter tell my dr anything i fainted today while i had it on ? i will let you know what the dr tells me tomorrow and thaks so much for your responce.
vickie

Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ps forgot to mention i have hypo thyrold panic disorder and the hypertention plus the high blood pressure .but i didnt feeol the headaches till this past week and the dizziness and fainting i have had since feb 06 other then that the only meds i take is levoxyl thyrold med xanax for my panic tylenol for the headaches and the lisinipril and thats it .
thanks
my last b/p reading was 140/90 at drs which was july 5th and i was taking the b/p meds then too.and my heartrate runs 80-90 now but it was running between 110-120 .
vickie
oops no the fainting didnt start till sept 06 the dizziness started feb 06 .

Last edited by vickie45; 07-18-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Closed Thread