It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: Joint and Muscular pain with Norvasc

ref: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=453210[/url]

Hi Richie,

Wrote you a long post & lost it so this will be short & sweet base on my 4 yrs of B/P meds.

I would not take CCB' s again until it is proven otherwise that your joint pain etc is not caused by Norvasc Etc.

Did you have swelling & were joints on both sides of the body involved? If both sides were involved that points more to the drug & a systemic reaction (over the whole body).

I had a drug-induced Lupus reaction to Cozaar. I am now left with knees that are damaged, decreased strength in my upper arms, & fingers & hands that have poor fine motor movement. I took the drug for 13 days. Unusual symptoms that can not be explained need to be taken seriously. You will be the one to pay the price not the Dr.
Even a generous financial court settlement will not replace your ability to function normally.

I would wear a brace or Muellar elastic bandages on your knees to protect them when walking. These need to be taken off every two-three hrs to prevent blood clots. There are exercises you can do that will help. Fam

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-21-2007 at 11:59 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
TMJ Joint Replacement Surgery is not an answer meditation TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 15 08-24-2009 07:55 AM
Joint pain? spaleshi Fibromyalgia 2 01-07-2009 02:57 PM
Have Had Joint Replacement Need Major Help HTMC TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 6 05-31-2008 10:35 AM
Bilateral Uncovertebral Joint Spondylosis klogfo Spinal Cord Disorders 2 01-14-2008 08:38 AM
SI Joint injection worked for low back pain in SI area margsee Back Problems 4 09-24-2007 09:43 AM