It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

perfectlove3952 HB User
Took Indapamide/blood pressure go low/chest discomfort go to back/stiff neck/fatigue

Hello it is now Sept 25, 2007 and I live in Wa state. I have high blood pressure and my heart doctor is trying to control it. I am taking Atenolol 100 mg. lisinopryl 40 mg, prilosec and etc... Last 9-21-07 he gave me Indapamide another name for lozol I think, he told me to take it in the morning before 10 am because it is a water pills. For the past few days I feel tight pressure on my chest and discomfort, then I have stiff neck then the pain in my chest go to the back and everytime I have a little things to do I am so tired and need to rest as my legs is so tired. Yesterday, after taking the atenolol and indapamide, the chest discomfort start and it goes on my back and I sometimes cannot move my neck it seems it is so stiff. So what I did is look at my blood pressure and my good ness it is low as 109-83-57 I got scared, i went to my heart doctor clinic but he did not see me as they have so many patients, he just told me to go home and the nurse will call me.
When I went home I started to get my blood pressure and it just keep on going down I keep on drinking alot of water and pee and drink and pee but the pressure just keep on going down. My high blood pressure is always on the high of 150-99 and pulse of 65-73. Now it is down to 91-73-49 and I am geeting worried. Then the nurse called and told me to stop the indapamide, DUH!! at that time it is 6:30 pm and I took it before 10 am. She wants me to go to the clinic and they need to take some blood to look for something and she told me to take an ibufropine and I said No I am afraid now to take any medicine. This heart doctor put me in cardiac infraction before after giving me CARDI-ZEM way back in 2005 and this is the second time he gave me another pills name indapamide. I only see him every once a year, for the past one year I am seeing an ARNP there on that clinic.
Do I need a new heart doctor if this doctor cannot control my high blood pressure? Everytime they added new pills to my atenolol and lisinopryl I have lowsy feeling all day so i stop and now my real heart doctor gave me a pill again that lower my blood pressure very very low.
As of now my pulse is now up to 93 and my low blood pressure is going up.
it is now: 119-83-88 but i am having cold feeling and some shoulder pain and my pulse is up and this never happen before that i got as high at 80.

any body have problems with indapamide? do i need to go to the hospital now?

perfectlove

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: Took Indapamide/blood pressure go low/chest discomfort go to back/stiff neck/fati

Hi PL,

When in doubt with chest pain, I say go to the ER. Plus your stiff neck & possible problems caused by your diuretic warrant at least a blood test especially for potassium. Orange juice will help get your potassium level up if it is low. Fam

Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

perfectlove3952 HB User
Re: Took Indapamide/blood pressure go low/chest discomfort go to back/stiff neck/fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by famnd View Post
Hi PL,

When in doubt with chest pain, I say go to the ER. Plus your stiff neck & possible problems caused by your diuretic warrant at least a blood test especially for potassium. Orange juice will help get your potassium level up if it is low. Fam

thanks for the reply I went to my doctor and get a blood test and they just call me and said my potassium is so low and need to take a pills for potassium. they will call my pharmacy to give me the pills and i need to go there. i told the nurse now that my pulse is going up and when i woke up is is only 91 and now after 3 hours my pulse is 100 and i do not know why. my blood pressure now is 148-99-100 . i have not taken any of my other high blood pressure pills. atenolol and lisinopryl since the other day. i am now so afraid.

Last edited by perfectlove3952; 09-26-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: big letters

Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Glad you called the Clinic. Those potassium pills will work pretty fast. You have to be careful when you take a diuretic cause you lose potassium & other minerals in the urine. You need to eat a healthy diet to balance the loss of minerals in the urine. I eat at least 3 vegetables, 2 fruits, & 2 milk servings (2 glasses), 2 servings of protein ( meat or beans) a day which seems to keep my minerals in balance. I always have one glass (8 oz) of orange juice a day. Fam

Closed Thread