It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
(male)

ahanson21 HB User
Question Lisinopril-How do I quit taking it?

How do I go about quitting Lisinopril? I am taking it for hypertension, but I don't believe I need it. I believe the doc that started me on it when I was 20 years old put me on meds for a kick back for Aceon. I have since changed to Lisinopril due to cost. The two docs I've been to since do not see anything wrong, but did/do not want to take me off because off the first doc putting me on it in the first place. I am young and healthy and do not want to take it anymore. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Lisinopril-How do I quit taking it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahanson21 View Post
How do I go about quitting Lisinopril? I am taking it for hypertension, but I don't believe I need it. I believe the doc that started me on it when I was 20 years old put me on meds for a kick back for Aceon. I have since changed to Lisinopril due to cost. The two docs I've been to since do not see anything wrong, but did/do not want to take me off because off the first doc putting me on it in the first place. I am young and healthy and do not want to take it anymore. Please help.
Hi,

Welcome to the boards. How old are you? what is your current BP readings range? and tell us also what it was before you start medication.
Anyway, if you are controlling mild-hypertension then you can just stop using the drug starting from tommorow. On the other hand if your blood pressure was high before starting the medication, then you might want to wean off the drug in a week.

Why you want to stop using the med? explain more please.
Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread