It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #31
(male)

dmer HB User
Re: Anyone, after HBP diagnosis and lifestyle change, eliminate or drastically reduce

Quote:
=beerzoids;3356139

Well...... how'd it go?
Beerzoids,

The initial BP readings did put the wind up me!

My lipid readings on 10/29 were;

Triglycerides: 262
Total Cholesterol: 270
HDL: 37
LDL: 181
Glucose: 107

Readings on 12/10;

Tiglycerides: 117
Total Cholesterol: 164
HDL: 39
LDL: 102
Glucose: 93

As mentioned, I dropped about 20lbs between vists and have maintained an exercise routine for 6 days per week which includes a 3 mile jog and 1.6 mile brisk walk. Diet is between 1600-1800 calories per day with an almost complete elimination of refined carbohydrates. I eat red meat about twice per week and try to get a good mix of fruit and vegetables. It's hardly a deprivation diet but I get pangs for cookies, pie and candy!

My current meds are Lotrel 10 /40 and 40 mg Pravachol.

My BP reading about 1/2 an hour ago was 102 / 60, albeit after exercise. The doc was going to reduce my medication but he got a BP reading in his office of 130 / 80 and asked me tot track it to see if the decline was steady and he could adjust the meds.

190 LBS Would be a good weight for my height with some sources suggesting 180 would be optimal. On that basis, I still need to lose 50 -60 lbs, a considerable amount of weight. However, recognizing how much better I feel with the present diet and weight loss, I'm encouraged to persevere through the present temptations.

Nature deals some people a very bad hand in terms of their health and I'm sure there are some genetic factors in my background as well. However, I came by my HBP and high cholesterol quite "honestly". My life style was a recipe for bad health.

I'm glad to have read your accounts and am happy to share this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread