It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
(male)

ejmonkey3 HB User
nose bleed question

sorry its long, theres a back story and the qreal question is at the end.
i have a question about nose bleeds. first off im 20, i have tubes in my ears and i remember when i was little like 5 or 6 that i had a few nose bleeds and i remember the ENT telling me that my nose has a weak blood vessel or tissue or that its a thin wall something along those lines and said it can get easily irritated and then bleed and thats its nothing to worry about, anyways i stopped doing it about half a year and then havent had periodic nose bleeds since 7, and now im 20 and for the first time starting in july i have started nose bleeds again for no reason. now again the docter advised me saying that it may be ( same reason as i was 8) but before he came in the nurse said my blood pressure was very borderlined and maybe even above average. i should watch it, anyways that was back in november and 2 days ago i did some afrin to clear my nose since i havent used this stuff for like a year and when i was blowing i blew blood and then later that day someone mentioned that nose bleeding is connected to high blood pressure. ok anyways im getting really close now. i just woke up from sleeping on my stomach and i was in a pool of my own blood from my nose. its only from the left side, i was wonering if i had a case of bad blood pressure if i should be bleeding from both noses or can it just be one. because mine is only the LEFT every nose bleed is from the left. by the way i was having an extremly tense dream while this happeded, this dream was so frighting and felt so real, could of thise helped cause the nose bleed more?
anyways i was wondering about if high blood pressure people or warning signs include both nostrals bleeding or can it be one. either way im going to see a docter about this week becaus of what happebed. sorry its long

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
(male)

dmer HB User
Re: nose bleed question

I would occassionally have "spontaneous" nose bleeds in my sleep and awaken to similar circumstances. It is suggested that this can be a side effect of HBP but other things can cause it as well, such as very thin tissue in the nose that is easily disturbed.

For sure, you need to go back to your Dr. and undergo a complete examination. Other medicines you might be taking could also contribute to this, but it's very important that your BP be thoroughly evaluated.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User
Re: nose bleed question

Hi there....yes i would make sure to monitor your BP...we just bought a bp monitor for son, he was hospitalized for blurry vision & extremly high BP. he is now on 14 pills a day b/c of it, & we are still waiting for test results. anywho..he will be 20 in 2 wks & he has always had nosebleeds..i just assumed it was the air in our house (very dry in winter)
now it all makes sence.

high bp can be VERY serious, take care of yourself.

Closed Thread