It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 07:22 AM   #1

Ben There HB User
Unhappy Lotrel joins list of uh-ohs...

Thanks to all who posted info - I found it interesting and useful... Football season tends to increase beer intake, with resultant BP increase and weight issues... I (personally) seem to have inherited an anomolous reactivity to most meds... They work at first and then fail (except still offer side-effects)... After staying away from most meds for quite a while - my Dentist refused services due to BP ~ so I decided to subject myself to the regimen once again... Was running 150's over high 90's to low 100's... First day on Lotrel (5/20) had horrendous headache with odd sensations - but BP down to 126/79... Second day headache and oddly calm sensations - BP down to 131/70 (lowest diastolic I've ever experienced)... What with openning day of the NFL, I decided to test the consistency and partook of a couple of beers during the game... Next day - BP back to 159/98... Day after that - BP 153/95... Also - appetite next to "died" first day, but has had me packing it on since the beer... CONCLUSIONS: Once again, it seems my body has learned to outwit these pharmaceutical attempts to change where it wants to be. In the attempt to fool with "homeostasis", I will probably gain more weight and increase the BP even farther... Perhaps, if only to gain Dental treatment, I should NOT continue taking this medication - and just pop one the two days BEFORE any appointment... If anyone else gains by the sharing of this information, then all is for the good !!!

------------------
Ex-Pharmaceutical Guinea Pig...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Tamsin HB User
Wink

Hi "Ben".

It seems to me that it's the *beer* that is messing with your homeostasis!

Take care!

Old 09-06-2003, 07:42 AM   #3

Ben There HB User
Thanks for the feedback, Tamsin (crazy world, but my 24 year old daughter is named "Tamsyn")... I concur that the beer was a stupid choice BUT I am waiting to see if/when or if ever the meds will have the positive effect (my past experience has been that ANY meds begin to lose effect after 3 or more days - not just BP, but ANY)... Thanks again !!!

Closed Thread