It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
can blood pressure cause you to collapse for no reason??

hi all,
im just wondering about a post i read here about collapseing if your blood pressure gets too low or even too high. i guess i been haveing spells where i will collapse alot since sept 06, only over the mos i got worse. then in june 07 i was walking on the street taking a walk and my stomach started hurting really bad then i just collapsed on the sidewalk. i was out like a lite, couldnt talk hear nothing. i get to ER and my stomach started hurting really bad. they said my blood pressure was normal, took chest xrays, found nothing wrong. well i been to a neuro dr because i was having horrible horrible headaches. well im now on lisinopril 10 mgs and i still fall but not as often. i feel better but i still collapse, but when i do this everyone around me says it looks like a seizure. im having a tilt table test done on jan 18th. will this test tell me whats going on? i have had high blood pressure since who knows when. but in jan 06 i had surgery and my blood pressure was ok till about around april07, then it was 180/118. i kept a chart and it showed very high blood pressure. i started on the 10 mgs of lisinopril then that dr left and my new dr put me on 5 mgs of norvacs. then i went to neuro dr in nov 07 and he put me back on the 10 mgs of lisinopril. i still faint and get dizzy so im not sure if its my blood pressure or if iam having seizures. i did have seizures as a child too. last reading i had was 118/69. hr was 92 so thats a good reading isnt it? so i guess im just wondering if its the bloodpressure or the seizures, cause when i fall im out for 1/2 hr to 45 mins sometimes and sometimes i dont remember nothing. and i also fall asleep at night even when i get enough sleep. im also on 1 mg xanax to help calm me down. i freakout bigtime so im hoping either the tilt test shows something or the neuro dr finds out if its seizures. im thinking more towards seizures but im not for sure. and i only take 3 meds right now and my headaches arent as bad as before. i hardly take a headache pill from the neuro dr like i use too so im just a bit confused,
any advice here would be helpfull,
thanks vickie

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-14-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added punctuation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread