It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

abby1957 HB User
Blood Pressure goes up and down constantly, pulse always fast

My blood pressure yo yos up and down constantly. If the doctor takes it three times in an hour it can read 160/110 and go down to 130/70 and back up to 140/95 during that hour. My pulse rate is always over 90 and mostly over 100. I also experience numbing in my toes and my fingers upon waking in the morning and hot and cold flashes with such regularity that I can't get comfortable. I am a 50 year old woman who is 3 years post menopause. I have also been waking up with headaches for the past two weeks. I don't know if all of this is related but it's driving me crazy. I do have an appointment with a cardiologist for next week but I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms and what they did about it.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: Blood Pressure goes up and down constantly, pulse always fast

Sounds like me 3 years ago - it was due to two kidney stones that were very close to one another and rubbing up against each other. When the kidney stones were gone the pulse dropped and the bp regulated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
(female)

abby1957 HB User

Did you have any pain from the kidney stones? Were you aware that you had them?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
(female)

jana65 HB User

I also had kidney stones ( 5 lithotripsys ) and later was told that I have HBP. My stones were all so large they COULDN'T move.
Actually, for years my internist had me monitor my BP. It would be up then down. Finally, about this time last year, he put me on medication because my BP was 198/98 when I went for my annual checkup. Also, I had a rapid pulse. Because of the fast pulse, I ended up on 2 medications for HBP. I am taking the lowest dose of both, but they have really helped me and now I have excellent readings and rarely do I have the fast pulse.
No one, my internist or my urologist, has related the 2. But my internists did order a test, something like an arteriogram of my kidneys to be certain that my arteries weren't narrowing. They were OK.

Jana65

Jana65

Closed Thread