It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
Meds causing muscle aches?

Anyone get muscle aches from their BP meds?

I have been on Azor for 4 weeks and started Hydrochlorot 2 weeks ago. The last few days my muscles have ached really bad, I dont have the flu or anything. Is this a side effect?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Re: Meds causing muscle aches?

Hi,

If you can be reasonably sure that your muscle pains are not from strained or bruised muscles or nerve damage, they could be a side effect of your medication.

Muscle, bone and joint pain are very common in people on medication. They are also very common in healthy people who do not take any medication. I have plenty of joint pain at the moment. It can be very painful. Right now both of my hips seem to be affected. I can hardly move. I hope that whatever its cause, this pain is only temporary. I hate it when these things just appear out of the blue. I've been putting up with this for more than a week.

Your aches are only temporary. I've had similar ones many times. Your body is still reacting to your new medication. If the aches persist, mention them to your doctor. Some doctors actually listen to their patients and will try to help find medications that their patients can tolerate.

Good luck,
flowergirl

Last edited by flowergirl2day; 04-11-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Where are you having the muscle pain? My husband got bad calf pain from cholesterol lowering drugs so he had to stop them because it could lead to kidney damage. I got really painful muscle pain in my upper arms with resulting damage to the tissue from Cozaar. Do you have any swelling or other symptoms.

Since you just started HCTZ perhaps that is the problem. If you are sure the pain isn't from normal muscle use, then I would ask the Dr. if you could stop HCTZ for awhile to see if the pain stops.

I went on to have a major drug induced Lupus reaction to Cozaar with other damage to my body so there are certain side effects I don't fool around with. Fam

Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Are you getting enough fluid-at least 8 glasses (8oz) a day? What about potassium in the form of food? Fam

Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User

My whole body just aches bad! Evrn walking up the stairs make smy legs ache and feel tired. it's awful. Going to the doc in the morning, he said he is going to test my postassium

Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Checking your potassium level might help. In case you haven't already, you should start eating more fruits and vegetables to help with the blood pressure lowering and weight loss. That alone might make a difference in how you feel and reduce your blood pressure further.

good luck,
flowergirl

Closed Thread