It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User
Irregular Heart Beat Symbol on BP Machine

Has anyone had an occasional irregular heart beat symbol pop up on your blood pressure monitor. This has happened to me twice in three weeks The most recent was last nite, once at 6PM and once at 11 30PM. The readings in between were normal showing no irregularity. Anyone know what can cause this? Can elevated blood pressure cause an irregular heart beat? I would want to believe that it's nothing as it's not usual. Any replies?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tamu45 HB User
Re: Irregular Heart Beat Symbol on BP Machine

Hear palpitations are pretty normal...they can be related to blood pressure, but just as often aren't. My machine would pick it up to, and my doctor said not to worry. Mention it to your doctor and see what's what.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

MIKETER HB User

I too had an irregular heartbeat while on bp meds. I stopped my caffine and that seemed to stop them. My doctor wasn't too concerned since they stopped. I am now occasionally drinking coffee but most of the time I drink decaf.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
(female)

ms58 HB User

I found taking a 100mg Co Q10 capsule each day helped my heart beats feel smoother.

Last edited by ms58; 07-16-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
(male)

ghdharry HB User
Smile Re: Irregular Heart Beat Symbol on BP Machine

I too have been getting an irregular heartbeat on my blood pressure machine. Had never gotton it until I was diagnoised with atrial fibulation and a heart beat of 110. Medication took it down to 65. Had sono on heart and they said heart was fine. Seeing doctor next week.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User

harry - if you don't mind me asking how often did the irregular heartbeat symbol show up. I have gotten it 3 times in three weeks. When you see the symbol do you experience any difference in your heart area. I do not. I have taken my pulse recently and noticed that it is like this......beat...beat.....no beat......beat It doesn't happen often but I have noticed this. I took my bp when this occurred and there was no irregularity. Confusing.

Closed Thread