It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

debz330 HB User
rapid heart beat while laying down and low blood pressure

rapid heart beat while laying down and low blood pressure It just comes on out of the clear blue sky, then I become fatigued. I can't explain it and It is causing some concern. I do recognize that I seem to be sweating a little more also, I am extremely thirsty and I don't have diabetes because I was tested for it recently before all this started. Maybe someone can help.

Sincerly,
Dz

Old 08-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: rapid heart beat while laying down and low blood pressure

You might want to post a bit more information - age, health, etc. Are you currently on any meds or anything? Do you take your BP during these episodes and that's how you know that your BP is low? But I wonder if you've had your adrenals checked? That might be a good place to start (checking your cortisol levels. seems like it needs to be done early in the morning with a salavia sample??)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User

Not knowing anything else about your age or state of health, all I can say go to your doctor and have everything checked out. Thorough thyroid testing - not just TSH as this isn't good enough. Have your potassium, magnesium, vitamin D, and even vitamin B12 checked. Other tests to consider is an EKG, a holter monitor, and even regularly checking your own blood pressure and heart rate.

Has it been hot where you live and have you been out in it? How high is your heart rate getting? The thirst could be directly related to the higher heart rate, possible low blood volume, or the heat if you've been out in it too much lately. What's your average blood pressure and heart rate when sitting and/or standing?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
(female)

debz330 HB User

I appologize for the lack of detail in my last post. I am 36 yrs old and I do have past medical issues that may contribute to some of the stuff going on, this very well is true. I did make an appointment and went this morning and he did suggest all the test you just mentioned. He put as a diagnosis palpatations, He is aware of all my medical history such as a hysterectomy at 27, partial thyroid ectomy, 5 yrs ago, and I stated that I thought maybe it was hormonal, and he thought a possibility but because of heart issue that run in my family and my symptoms he felt it necessary to do the halter monitor, ekg, nuclear stress and carotids. My blood pressure as a rule has always been a little on the low side but has gotten better over the last few years and never as low as lately while laying down. I am typically 115/68 120/180 any where in that range, but during these episodes my pressure drops to 72/55 84/56. my heart rate is anywhere between 110-140's I become really shakey and weak after these episodes, and genrally feel off and wiped out. I thank you for the time to respond, it is nice to know that other people have similar symptoms and can sometimes make you feel better about the whole situation.
deb

Closed Thread