It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
weight gain fro Azor?

I am starting to gain a lot of weight from Azor. I googled and it said call doctor if you get sudden weight gain. Is sudden within a week or just a month or 2. What danger is there in weight gain with BP meds besides being unattractive? lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Re: weight gain fro Azor?

Rapid weight gain after starting a new medication is a warning that something might not be right.

It could be a sign of a very dangerous fluid retension. This often happens to people with certain medical conditions. It is possible to gain 20 pounds or more over a couple of days. Angioedema, a potentially fatal side effect of medication, also causes rapid weight gain. Is that the kind of weight gain you are seeing?

As a rule, a weight gain of over five pounds in a short period of time should be mentioned to your doctor. It could signal an allergy to the medication you're taking, or an underlying medical condition, which could still be undiagnosed. If that happens, the medication has to be stopped and replaced with one that's more suitable. People with certain diseases, such as heart failure, kidney disease, angina, recent heart attacks, liver disease, and low sodium have to be very careful about these types of medications. They often cannot take them at all, because the new medication could worsen their medical problems. If the benefit of taking the medication outweighs the risks, adjusted doses and frequent monitoring are needed. In addition to these measures, additional special testing is often required.
If you find yourself gaining weight slowly, try to be more active and reduce the calories in your diet. If you are like most of us, you'll find at least one thing that could be eliminated...Some weight gaind is a normal and expected side effect of many medications. I remember seeing a table with the average weight gain of many medications listed....I wish I could figure out WHERE>>> Most were only moderate amounts, 4-5 pounds or so. I remember thinking that the information was inaccurate and quite contrary to my experience.

Just a thought: if there's no diet change and the weight gain continues, it is a reason for concern. But, understandably, some people develop anxiety and depression over their medical problems, and eat more....thus the weight gain.

flowergirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread