It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
(female)

tinaribena65 HB User
why was the room spinning

i woke up this morning to the room spinning round i was lying on my right side i slowly layed on my left room still spinning but i closed my eyes opened them again then the spinning started to slow down

Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
Re: why was the room spinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaribena65 View Post
i woke up this morning to the room spinning round i was lying on my right side i slowly layed on my left room still spinning but i closed my eyes opened them again then the spinning started to slow down
Could be caused by many many things. I suppose low blood pressure could be one of them but I never heard of people waking up with vertigo from it, but I have the opposite problem so I wouldnt know.

I had the same EXACT thing happen to me years ago, soon after I was dx with MS. But the odds of you having that are 1 in 3938475745783636.

I think it's unlikly that's your BP causing that, probably an ear infection or even the flu.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User

Greetings,

Usually this is something known as BPPV, which is just medical lingo for benign vertigo. There are balance centers in your ears that can get messed up by a variety of things; a bump to the head, virus, etc. When the vertigo comes as a result of changing head position, they typically say that it may resolve in time. There are head exercises called Epley maneuvers in which they have you turn your head in various directions. This may likely trigger the vertigo, but something to do with repositioning the "balance rocks" or some such thing, ultimately helps the problem. I recommend the Inner Ear Disorders Board, they have sticky posts there you can read all about it.

Regards, Brenden.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

I realize this is an older post but for any future readers I would like to point out that dizziness/ a spinning head/ vertigo is a common side effect of blood pressure medications and is sometimes an indication of overdose...anyone experiencing this side effect should contact their health care provider immediately.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-01-2009 at 12:24 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bethsheba For This Useful Post:
sandiemert (11-09-2011)
Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
(female)

Dorothy31315 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaribena65 View Post

Old 09-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
(female)

luckystar1983 HB User

Its funny I came across this at this time as for the past 10 mins ive been tilted to one side and feel really dizzy. I asked my husband to bring my bp monitor in and it read 140/75 which is normal for most people but for me it is low and has meant its dropped the bottom number by about 40 points, Is this dangerous and will the feeling pass?

Old 09-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
(female)

Iampuzzled HB User

I've had these symptoms before, but when going to bed in the evenings after drinking far too much alcohol!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
(female)

hobomama HB User

I had this once when I had an inner ear infection (labyrinthitis). Since I was pregnant and at work at the time, I wound up in the ER and in the hospital for 3 days, but normally it's pretty easily treated. I've never been so sick in my life - EXTREME vertigo and vomiting.

Closed Thread