It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

jenshops HB User
How to bring down b/p right away.

A couple of yrs ago I was diagnosed with high b/p. Went on diovan:didn't work, diovan hct: worked but after few mo.had bad reaction with bad weak spells, last med was lotrel: worked but now causes extreme headaches where I can't get out of bed. Since being diagnosed I only take the meds for a very short period of time and the b/p goes back to normal and stays that way for months. Now I'm back with it between 150-160/100-110. I'm taking natural stuff with hawthorne berries & garlic pills. I'm hoping if I can just get it down I can get it back to normal again, but I can't take my meds., I can't deal with the headache. Does anyone know a natural remedy that can bring down the b/p right away?
Quick background:I'm 36yrs.old,slightly overweight, all bloodwork normal no high cholesterol, no family history of high b/p. Lots of stress. I really don't want to call the dr. I know I **** him off b/c I won't stay on meds, which I don't think is necessary when b/p goes back to normal.Plus I don't seem to handle meds for long very well. I have no $ or insurance, husbands been out of work for 8mos. and I have 4 kids.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
Re: How to bring down b/p right away.

Have you tried the Relaxation Response technique developed by Herbert Benson, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School? It's a very simple breathing and meditation technique.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: How to bring down b/p right away.

The most effective tool for bringing down High Blood Pressure is a small meal, low calorie, low carb, frequent eating Diet, IMHO. It started working for me quite quickly, but the longer I was on the diet, the lower my readings.

My chronically high blood pressure came down to very constant and healthy levels through healthy diet, but I've also lowered my blood pressure through exercise, avoiding many things, like caffeine, and taking the most effective blood pressure medications.

For all of 2003, my average blood pressure averaged 151.2 / 95.7, based on 1032 readings. As a result of diet, exercise, etc., my average blood pressure for all of 2008 was 122.1 / 72.1 based on 2543 readings.

That means that, for every day, every hour, every minute of the entire year of 2003, my blood pressure was around 151.2 / 95.7; or one step in the grave.

Diet, exercise, lifestyle changes and taking effective medication obviously worked quite well for me, but diet is the most important.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 02-19-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Closed Thread