It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

freddielee HB User
Question how long does side effects ofclonidine last?

I have abeen taking clonidine for about seven months,the dr. took me off andi have weakness all the time. How long will this last ? Soes anyone know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: how long does side effects ofclonidine last?

I took Clonidine for two yrs. Did you just drop Clonidine? Are you on any other med to replace it? Why did you stop Clonidine?

Stopping Clonidine suddenly is dangerous. It can cause rebound hypertension which means one's b/p can rise higher than it was before you started taking Clonidine. Of course, that would put you at risk for a stroke or heart attack at the very least.

It took me two months & two difficult tries to stop Clonidine. It was nerve racking to say the least. I stopped Clonidine because of all the side effects. Fam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
(female)

freddielee HB User

I had open heart surgery in novenber, six by-passes, and my blood pressure has been high ever since. iam on benicar 40 , and bystolic 5 mg now, but was on the clonidine patch and also 1 mg of clonidine tablet,one dr. didnt know what the other was doing, til i became so weak, and they took me of and replace it with bystolic, they didnt tell me to taper or anything, so now i am having trouble getting off the clonidine.How long does it take ato get rid of it?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
(female)

freddielee HB User
Angry Re: how long does side effects ofclonidine last?

what kind of side effects did you have ?and how long did they last?, did you tremble inside and have really bad anxiety?Mu stomache feel anxiety very bad and i feel anger also.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
(male)

stophypertensio HB User

I hated Clonidine, it fried my brain and made it impossible for me to sleep. I do NOT recommend this drug.

Closed Thread