It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #1
(male)

JPawling HB User
how soon before starting new medicine?

I have just gotten off of Diovan HCT, I was on it for almost 8 years. This is my second day. My whole body ached, I had sciatica. Lower back pain and I was generally spaced out and tired all the time.
I spoke to my doctor and he has just put me on amlodipine besylate, which I deathly afraid of taking. I took 1/2 of my 80mg Diovan 2 days ago and nothing yesterday. I am now just trying to see if the ill effects of the Diovan go away before I start this new medicine. I had always been a big runner ( from age 35- till now) but the last few years have been tough due to the lack of motivation ( I think from the diovan)
Should I jump into the new medicine or wait a little while to start.

Jack

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-05-2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
(male)

kg21678 HB User
Re: how soon before starting new medicine?

I'll tell you this I'm right there with you, I was an avid weight lifter, always in the gym, and the BP med's have caused me to become a shell of what i was before I'm really looking into getting the hell off of them all together, they definitely take their toll on your ability to exercise. But, depending on how high your bp is, IMO I would jump right into the new medicine

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-05-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread