It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

Rusry HB User
Exercise causes dizziness

I have not been diagnosed with any heart problems other than mitro valve prolapse (which is mild),but when I walk at a fairly brisk pace for about twenty minutes I can feel like I am about to pass out,things get very dim and I feel like I am out of my body,it is a very frightening and weird experience.it will be difficult for me to get back to the house without passing out.(there is absolutely no time I am dizzy)It will pass fairly quickly and I feel normal again.

I saw the doctor yesterday who suggested I may be having blood pressure spikes,now my pressure is usually on the low side of maybe 101./68 up to 122/76,but if I get under stress it can shoot up to 196/104 in a minutes time,coming back down very quickly once I calm down,it has hit that number and been back to 112/68 in less than 5 minutes.I have seen it go as low as 90/52 when resting.

I started trying to log my pressure today,I took it before I got out of bed this morning,it was 130/72,I got up and went into the kitchen and sat at the table,it was 122/70,five minutes later it was 111/68...I got up and fed the dogs,ate breakfast of two scrambled egg whites and a glass of grapefruit juice,it was taken right after that,it was 134/86,later (five minutes) it was 110/68..then I sat at the computer for about fifteen minutes and it was 128/80.,I got up and went to the bathroom,walked out on the deck and put a cover over my grill,took my pressure and it was 121/81,I then bent over and touched my toes ten times in a row very fast,it was then 125/79,I walked on the treadmill for about five minutes at a regular walking pace,it was 156/92,and came back down to 112/68 in less than one minute..this is all very strange to me.

I have been just sitting on the sofa and took the pressure to have it read 150/96,three minutes later it might be 100/60..I am afraid they are going to put me on blood pressure meds that will cause me to bottom out since I can drop pretty low on my own.

<removed> I am 5'6',weigh 128 lbs and take no meds for anything,I do not want to be put on blood pressure meds,but if I continue to feel like I am blacking out after a brisk 20 minute walk,or if my pressure keeps spiking like it seems to be doing off and on all day,then I feel sure they will put me on something.

I will appreciate any input you may have from your research.
Thanks,
Rosey from Texas

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-12-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread