It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
puffiness with HP meds

Can azor couse puffiness in my fingers? I feel like I have sausage fingers. lol I do take a water pill 12.5. I would think that would get rid of any extra water retension.

I see my doc next week or the week after, I forget. but it's been driving me nutty.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: puffiness with HP meds

Do you have any other symptoms? What is the other name for azor? I can't find it in my drug book.

I got sauage fingers from Cozaar. It was called a drug-induced Lupus reaction. There are a number of b/p meds & other drugs that can cause this reaction.

It took forever for the fluid to leave & some of it never did. I don't think a diuretic will help.

You should call you Dr. right away & not wait for your appointment. You may not have this type of reaction but if you do you could have the serious damage to your body. Fam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User

I think Amlodipine and Olmesartan. 5/40 I was just there but he didnt look at my fingers. But I see him soon at any rate.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Other symptoms: wrist,shoulder, knee & pain. I have permanent damage to my knees now & can't walk without wearing ace type elastic bandages. My blood count dropped (hemoglobin.) I was on it for 13 days. Next time, show him your fingers. Fam

Closed Thread