It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
(male)

stophypertensio HB User
Whats your favorite ACE inhibitor?

Whats your favorite ACE inhibitor, and does anyone know any ACE inhibitors that last more than 24 hours?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB User
Re: Whats your favorite ACE inhibitor?

Perindopril (ACEON) and RAMIPRIL (ALTACE) are excellent Ace Inhibitors... I had less side effects with Perindopril. These 2 Ace Inhibitors have a strong track record of survival in many research trials. As most Ace Inhibitors the worst side effect is a nagging cough. I currently am on Nebivolol (BYSTOLIC) a new beta blocker released last year, and side effect are much less than most other medications I was taking. It targets inflammation similar to Ace Inhibitors with the added bonus of also avoiding blood pressure spikes and relaxing the heartbeat. Another plus is avoiding the nagging cough.

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-12-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
(male)

DW123 HB User

I use Lotrell 10/20 which is Norvasc and ace inhibitor benazepril combined into 1 pill. It has been very effective for my wife and me. I noticed that you use Labetalol and Norvasc is this also offered in 1 pill? I previously was using a beta blocker, but it caused my feet and ankles to swell.

Last edited by DW123; 04-13-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
(male)

stophypertensio HB User

seperate pills

Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I took Accupril (Quinapril) for years, which was very effective at lowering my blood pressure, and with no noticeable side effects. I stopped taking it in February-2008, because it started to give me problems with a change in my diet. No big loss, though. My heart really belongs to the Beta Blocker Coreg!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Closed Thread