It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
(female)

evelyn777 HB User
Hot Red Face and neck

I have this sunburn feeling on my face, my neck and chest.It feels like a sunburn(really burns and really feels hot to touch and hot inside my body. I have been to several Dr.'s Am now seeing a rhuematologist. They thought I had Lupus but last blood test was negative. Am having another one in 6 weeks. This comes and goes. Yesterday I was in the sun for about 10 min. Last night had a severe flare up even woke me up. All day today still hot, feels like a sunburn. I have had several medications that did not work and today i just put aloa vera gel on it. It releives for a short time and feels very tight. Still burning sensation and still red. Even on my chest. I also noticed a couple of places on my arms. Then begins to get flaky around my mouth. I have been to 5 Dr.'s in the past year and half. I have also have myloprolerative. (Blood produces too many platelets. Please tell me what to do. Should I contact my rhumatoglogist tommorrow. She has never seen it this bad. Only a couple of places.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

caberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB User
Re: Hot Red Face and neck

Is it an issue for a dermatologist? My wife has various skin issues (generally eczema) which can flare up like that. One time it became infected and acted like a bad sunburn. She needed antibiotics and prescription creams to clear it up. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

evelyn777 HB User
Re: Hot Red Face and neck

Have been to dermatologist. He ran test. Does not know what it is. Still have it today. Not as hot but still very hot and the red is a different shade. When it started it was a purple red, now it is less purple. Beginning to feel very dry. Flaking in spots, except for my neck area.
I have been to 5 Dr.'s. At this point don't which one to go to for this. Been to dermatologist, allergist, hermatologist/onclogy, rehumotalogist, and primary DR.

Closed Thread