It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
(male)

grtipton HB User
erratic blood pressure readings

I have taken serial blood pressure readings after experiencing flush in my face and feeling as if my head is blowing up like a balloon. They were 191/82, 140/104, 116/52, 120/54,125/58, 130/62, 175/73 165/80 from 11pm to 5am. I take 40mg of Liprinosil. I have slight nausea. What should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: erratic blood pressure readings

Do you often have problems with nausea? Any known health problems? Are you over 60? Are you overweight? Do you eat healthy? Do you exercise?

Any breathing problems? Is your heart racing or thumping? Any problems with feeling like you are going to faint?

Do you smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol?

Do you always get blood pressure readings like that? What does your doctor(s) say?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
(male)

grtipton HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
Do you often have problems with nausea? Any known health problems? Are you over 60? Are you overweight? Do you eat healthy? Do you exercise?

Any breathing problems? Is your heart racing or thumping? Any problems with feeling like you are going to faint?

Do you smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol?

Do you always get blood pressure readings like that? What does your doctor(s) say?
Nausea only with this symptom - 63 yrs old - 420 lbs 6'4" very large frame (old football palyer and power lifter) Do eat organic - No excerise due to many physical limitations -short of breath due to overweight I think - heart feels like it is racing - do not feel faint just tired - do not smoke, use alcohol or drugs - just began taking readings but have had high readings in the past and with meds has been under control but have had these symptoms for some time now but seem to be with me on and off during the day/night - doctor says to continue what I am doing and lsoe weight and take Bp twice a day and record

Old 06-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtipton View Post
Nausea only with this symptom - 63 yrs old ...
Many health problems are caused by metabolic imbalances, which causes production of excessive hormones.

As we age, and our immune system weakens, there is increased risk for metabolic imbalances. Plus...... as we age, our systems have more problems processing calories, causing health problems like Insulin Resistance and Diabetes.

Quote:
- 420 lbs 6'4" very large frame (old football palyer and power lifter)
I am not a medical professional, but, IMHO, 420 libs is way off the charts!

You can try to track down your blood pressure abnormalities till the cows come home. If your system is having problems processing calories and your handling of Insulin is messed up, then you are going to have all kinds of health problems, caused principally by your diet. The first place to start is DIET.

I am just a fellow patient, approaching 70, so if you want to ignore my advice, feel free to do so.

Quote:
Do eat organic -
That's a good step. The healthier we treat our bodies, the healthier it will react, especially as we enter our senior years.

Ze problem is not with the health of your food, it is with the amount of calories in each meal, and for the day.

Quote:
No excerise due to many physical limitations -short of breath due to overweight I think - heart feels like it is racing -
Excess weight, and excess body hormones causes a lot of stress on the heart, and along with a metabolic imbalance, results in breathing problems and heartbeat problems.

Quote:
do not feel faint just tired -
The excess body chemicals (hormones, etc) will cause tiredness and fatigue, among other problems.

Quote:
do not smoke, use alcohol or drugs -
Shame, isn't it? You do everything right...... live a good life...... do the right things...... and you still have to contend with health problems because of diet, IMHO. Doesn't seem fair does it!?

Quote:
just began taking readings but have had high readings in the past and with meds has been under control but have had these symptoms for some time now but seem to be with me on and off during the day/night - doctor says to continue what I am doing and lose weight and take Bp twice a day and record
Welcome to the wonderful world of aging. I keep hearing the phrase "aging gracefully". There's nothing graceful about my trip through my 60's ! Fortunately, through diet, exercise, understanding and the most effective medication, I am doing GREAT, despite having serious heart and other health problems.

Thought I would just throw out some ideas to you. Good luck in the future!

Regards................

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 06-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
(male)

grtipton HB User

tks for the advice now on a 800 calorie per day diet. 414 now - down 6 lbs. trouble is I sit on my rear all day long. wish i couild walk or workout but not possible. not even pool

Old 06-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtipton View Post
... now on a 800 calorie per day diet. 414 now - down 6 lbs. ...
Wow! That is an extremely low calorie diet. Was that type of extreme diet recommended by your doctor?

I was at 180 lbs in 2004, and at 5'9". I went on a seven meal per day, 1400 calorie diet per day (about 200 calories per meal), and saw significant improvements to my health. I'm at about 125 lbs right now, and with an significantly improved metabolism, I am able to eat around 2500 calories per day.

I really believe in a small meal, low calorie, frequent feeding, high fiber diet for getting metabolism back in better balance. It did wonders for my blood pressure and overall health. It was the turning point in my life.

Do you feel that a 800 calorie diet is safe?

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 06-04-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
(male)

grtipton HB User

doctor put me on it said new info from mayo clinic confirms

Closed Thread