It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Ginkgo Biloba lowers blood pressure?

Hi,

I know I sound a little bit crazy, posting everything that happens to me with my new supplements . Anyway, after 3 hours of my first 260mg Ginkgo Biloba extract my blood pressure is 10 points lower. Is that a coincidence? but I feel better, and it seems to help with concentration

Old 06-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
(male)

stophypertensio HB User
Re: Ginkgo Biloba lowers blood pressure?

yes ginkgo lowers BP, and also thins the blood like aspirin does (dont take it with asprin)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB User

Ginkgo increases blood circulation. The main side effect is an increased bleeding tendency especially at high doses. Similar to Coumadin. If taking either Ginseng or Ginkgo try using only the brands proven in research studies. Good brands such as GINKGO GOLD and GINSANA are proven standardized extracts. Other herbs which are great for blood circulation are GINGER and CAYENNE. GARLIC also serves a similar function and can lower cholesterol and lower blood pressure.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

but Ginger really bad for high bp, I drink it as a tea once and wow my blood pressure spiked up. I'm confused there are alot of energy boosting like MSM and L-Cartinita or something (that amino acid). Anyway, I will keep researching.
Thanks for reply
Mike

Old 06-23-2009, 05:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB User

Herbs are tricky. You need to be careful when taking with certain medications. L-CARNITINE and Hawthorne (approved in Germany) are proven to strengthen the heart muscle and lower blood pressure. L-ARGININE is also excellent for heart health, but in high doses it raises blood pressure and also glucose levels. NIACIN also raises glucose levels. Once again, we need to be careful with certain supplements.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yes, and that increased heart rate is driving me crazy. Today I didn't take Centrum and my blood pressure is 108/67 with heart rate of 69. Maybe it's the minerals? the choloride ?
About L-Carnitine, we have it in Egypt but we have L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 1gm tablet with added Zinc. I'm not sure that this can increase my energy level, and I don't know if it will affect my bp or not

Closed Thread