It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tamu45 HB User
Cardiotone or cardiopure anyone?

Has anyone tried either of these two products for BP? The main ingredient seems to be rauwolfia, an herb used in making actual BP drugs. The testimonials seem pretty positive (and I realize those must be taken with skepticism). Curious if anyone has tried them.

tamuprof45

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Cardiotone or cardiopure anyone?

I wish that something else, without the hottible side effects, can lower blood pressure. I never tried any of these, and I guess we don't have these herbs in Egypt too. But I would love to know if someone tried them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tamu45 HB User

Ok, the Carditone came in the mail today and I took some. Wow. I learned a lesson about using one's own body as a laboratory. This is potent stuff folks. Within an hour of taking the first of two recommended capsules, I started feeling very very odd. My heart slowed down quite a lot, and palpitations became almost non-stop. I think my heart rate dropped from about its normal 65 to low 50s. I felt slightly flushed like a niacin flush, and had low level anxiety attacks. Some 7 hours later I still feel pretty strange.

Further reading reveals the main ingredient, an herb rauwolfia, stays in the system for days...great. I also read where this herb was (or still is) used in making real BP drugs, which may be why the reaction I got seems to mirror some of the unpleasant side effects of real BP drugs.

Having started this thread, I would CAUTION anyone reading this about this stuff. It may have interacted with other supplements I'm taking for all I know. Please do NOT take this product without talking to your doctor first; I am sure going to talk to mine.

tamuprof45

Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

I read pretty much the same thing in one of my books recently in an alternative medicine section of the book. I can't remember which one, but will try to find the info again. The article gave a brief history of the drug (which was quite interesting) and warned about how difficult it is to get out of one's system. The impression I got was that it is very potent.

FG

Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

It is always a good idea to do the research prior to taking a new drug.
I don't have much additional information that might help get it out of your system. According to a drug monograph in my cardiovascular pharmacotherapeutics book, the use of reserpine, which is the extract from rauwolfia, causes depletion of norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin. The reserpine-induced adrenergic blockade destroys the storage vesicles of adrenergic neurons, and causes sympathetic and parasympathetic dysfunction. This can mess up a lot of things in the body, and make people very sick. It takes weeks for the destroyed storage vesicles to regrow. The severity of its CNS side effects is the main reason reserpine isn't used much anymore. It is still used sometimes as a sedative, hypnotic (for treating depression), and a tranqulizer for horses!!! in veterinary medicine. In any case, this is something to stay away from!

flowergirl

Closed Thread